Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

What puzzled me is that the smoke alrms fitted in the house were said to be working, when our alarms go off nobody can sleep through them.
Why does it puzzle you? I don't think it was said anyone did sleep through them. I presumed the kids couldn't get out because the fire was in the hall/stairs and the dad couldn't get to them for the same reason.

When I read about housefires, I wonder what would happen if we or neighbours ever had a fire. You can't smash the windows easily these days to get in or out because of double glazing and every window and door is double locked because of fear of burglars. You can't even leave any ladders outside for the same reasons.

thats true, I have always said my children would never die in a fire that I got out of, as I would NEVER leave them. but its easy to say, the reality is very different.

in either case the parents have lost their child/ren it just dosnt equate to anything else. your child missing or dead. ..... cant even go there.

Quite right, no parent could have done this surely and as for where they were, they did have a 16 year old in house who was deemed old enough under law to look after the younger ones - he perished too. He couldn't be expected to realise what some murdering scum would do. Reel your necks in

Love it when the "one tooth" neighbor being interviewed on telly in cases like this always spout the same old same old,..."always looked a bit dodgy to me" and ironically having Lidl and Netto tats on their knuckles.

i too had that uncomfortable feeling that those tears were not real, i dunno instinct??? i feel the police should interview them ASAP though and i hope im wrong

I thought it was just me that felt this way but I'm away on business and stuck in a hotel room and have seen this appeal 4 or 5 times tonight and something just doesnt seem right. I do hope that I am wrong but those tears and anguish just didnt seem real.

A man age 55 and a woman 31 have been arrested on suspicion of murder. So hard to take it in

That link does say it is the parents that were arrested although I appreciate it was probably updated.

I definitely saw this coming though, you can always tell from the appeals they do if they did it or not.

And to prove I'm not just saying it now they've been locked up, the day they came out to do the appeal I said something was fishy about it on The Sun's website.

That link does say it is the parents that were arrested although I appreciate it was probably updated.

I definitely saw this coming though, you can always tell from the appeals they do if they did it or not.

And to prove I'm not just saying it now they've been locked up, the day they came out to do the appeal I said something was fishy about it on The Sun's website.

Can't believe I'm saying this; but yes, I agree with you 100%, there were certain little idiosyncrasies in how they behaved. I said to the wife @ time, I wondered if they were involved, still I hope to god I'm wrong, but we'll see, looks like I could be right though.

Archived