Fly tipping makes my blood boil

Fly tipping is another case of council jobsworths creating a whole industry out of a non issue. If you add up the total cost of anti fly tipping costs, enforcement, surveillance, administration, clean up and everything else involved, you very quickly get into the millions of pounds annually. Rather than charging people to tip at approved sites my solution would be to PAY people to tip in the right places. If you got the rates right, some people would make this into a business and go around and clean up the countryside.

Fly tipping is another case of council jobsworths creating a whole industry out of a non issue. If you add up the total cost of anti fly tipping costs, enforcement, surveillance, administration, clean up and everything else involved, you very quickly get into the millions of pounds annually. Rather than charging people to tip at approved sites my solution would be to PAY people to tip in the right places. If you got the rates right, some people would make this into a business and go around and clean up the countryside.

what a great idea but then the low life would go round nicking rubbish to tip.:hihi:

Yes that probably would work but a lot of the rubbish that gets tipped round our way is already free to drop at recycle depots yet for some reason they see fit to deposit it in fields, why?

They do get seen and they do get caught.

Rarely, yes.

The problem is Councils need lots of evidence in order to reliably secure a conviction, such as CCTV recordings, which isn't always possible as the dumpers will just use new sites instead of old ones.

In short, you need to SEE them dumping and catch them red-handed.

Archived