Housing market not being fixed say housing groups

IT's a shame not many people have watched it, it is a very good documentary, I particularly encourage cyclone and conrod to watch it.

Unfortunately I'm not on benefits and do have to work for living. I'm not sure if that makes me a serf though as I own my house outright... :suspect:

Still, it means I don't have time to watch the documentary.

Unfortunately I'm not on benefits and do have to work for living. I'm not sure if that makes me a serf though as I own my house outright... :suspect:

Still, it means I don't have time to watch the documentary.

Yet you can ratch up over 40000 posts on here?

Yet again you use another ad hominem attack.

Watch the video mate, you might learn something. It is only 40 minutes, if you haven't got 40 minutes of spare time your work life balance is very unhealthy.

Perhaps there would be more money to build houses if Sheffield City Council actually collected all the money they are owed in tax AND stopped giving money to people who aren't entitled to it. Today we learn that those highly paid but lowly skilled council managers have allowed the tax payer to be defrauded out of nearly £1m of housing benefit in the last year. With that sort of money they could build nearly two houses for social housing.

Yet you can ratch up over 40000 posts on here?

Since Feb 2004.

Yet again you use another ad hominem attack.

You've got a persecution complex, not every comment is about you!

Watch the video mate, you might learn something. It is only 40 minutes, if you haven't got 40 minutes of spare time your work life balance is very unhealthy.

What makes you think that the only thing I do is work? My work life balance is very good, I'm working at home right now and will be finishing at 1600. But I'll be leaving the house immediately and don't have 40 minutes to spare to watch the video.

Nobody is (artificially) restricting supply.

I would say they are. by only allowing the same amount of space to build homes on as was available 50 years ago, the levels of supply and demand have changed, therefore supply is restricted artificially.

The problem is people were using the housing market to amount personal wealth. You can't have an economy based on the housing market, consumerism or selling insurance to each other.

I think you should explain why not, what should we base the economy on & why would it be any better?

I would say they are. by only allowing the same amount of space to build homes on as was available 50 years ago, the levels of supply and demand have changed, therefore supply is restricted artificially.

Who's stopping land being built on?

Who's stopping land being built on?

It's not really a problem at the moment, as there's no money to pay the builders or fill the buildings when they're built & there is plenty of land available to build on for the few who can afford to build without borrowing anything from a bank.

Things like green belt, planning authorities, listed buildings, landed gentry/other big land owners & national parks limit the amount of available land.

Archived