Housing market not being fixed say housing groups

I've watched it and you're right, it categorically proves how wrong Cyclone is on this matter.

Land tax is irrefutably the only way fair way of solving various issues and problems we face.

Aye, I think we need to get some like minded people together, start educating the people and form a political party to gt it implemented. Otherwise, it won't happen.

It's a shame Cyclone hasn't watched it. If you reading this Cyclone, watch the video mate.

They have more land per capita to start with though...

Planning reform has just been taking place in an attempt to increase the amount of land that can be built on...

France yes, but Germany, with its much higher population is comparable to the UK in population per sq KM.

Our population density is greater than France and Germany so clearly they haven't allowed more of their land to be built on.

The amount of land is irrelevant. The UK builds on less land as a percentage of the land we have compared to both Germany and France.

France yes, but Germany, with its much higher population is comparable to the UK in population per sq KM.

The amount of land is irrelevant. The UK builds on less land as a percentage of the land we have compared to both Germany and France.

If that was the case then their population density would be greater than ours and they aren’t, France’s population density is about a third of ours.

If that was the case then their population density would be greater than ours and they aren’t, France’s population density is about a third of ours.

Incorrect.

We build smaller houses.

You can fit more small houses on a plot of land, than you can big houses.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The UK builds on a smaller proportion of our land (just 10%) compared to France and Germany (approx 15%). Per capita land is irrelevant. Going by yours and Cyclone's argument, Germany and France should be building on less of their land compared to the UK.

The UK compresses its housing into a smaller amount of land compared to France and Germany. This in turn leaves less suitable housing for the countries needs. Look at the amount of 1-2 bedroom apartments that have been put up in Sheffield. Anyone would think this is the kind of housing that is in demand. When in fact they are not.

The UK builds on a smaller proportion of our land (just 10%) compared to France and Germany (approx 15%). Per capita land is irrelevant. Going by yours and Cyclone's argument, Germany and France should be building on less of their land compared to the UK.

The UK compresses its housing into a smaller amount of land compared to France and Germany. This in turn leaves less suitable housing for the countries needs. Look at the amount of 1-2 bedroom apartments that have been put up in Sheffield. Anyone would think this is the kind of housing that is in demand. When in fact they are not.

There's a simple reason why it's so: John Prescott.

Aye, I think we need to get some like minded people together, start educating the people and form a political party to gt it implemented. Otherwise, it won't happen.

It's a shame Cyclone hasn't watched it. If you reading this Cyclone, watch the video mate.

Still too busy.

To be fair you just said "more of their land" you didn't qualify whether you meant as a percentage or in absolute terms...

That's quite interesting, where do the figures come from.

Whilst you're providing figures, what size are France and Germany (in sqr kilometres I guess) and what are their populations...

Archived