Housing market not being fixed say housing groups

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The UK builds on a smaller proportion of our land (just 10%) compared to France and Germany (approx 15%). Per capita land is irrelevant. Going by yours and Cyclone's argument, Germany and France should be building on less of their land compared to the UK.

The UK compresses its housing into a smaller amount of land compared to France and Germany. This in turn leaves less suitable housing for the countries needs. Look at the amount of 1-2 bedroom apartments that have been put up in Sheffield. Anyone would think this is the kind of housing that is in demand. When in fact they are not.

It’s the land that isn't built on that produces the food to feed the population, a man living in a big house doesn't need more food than a man that lives in a small house, for some unfathomable reason many in the UK want an high population density so we have to live in small houses to retain enough land to feed ourselves. If our country was bigger, we could build bigger houses and use more of the land for houses without cutting our ability to grow food.

76% percent of Britain is covered by farmland,

53% of the land in France is covered by farms.

Which means France’s farm land is greater in area than the UK.

An interesting fact is that in 1700, just 7 percent of the world's land was used for farming and now we use 40%

I tried Googling amount of land that is built on by the UK, France and Germany and couldn’t find a figure, do you have a website with the figures.

Aye, I think we need to get some like minded people together, start educating the people and form a political party to gt it implemented. Otherwise, it won't happen.

It's a shame Cyclone hasn't watched it. If you reading this Cyclone, watch the video mate.

I reckon Cyclone has watched it, just doesn't want admit that you've categorically proved how wrong he is, probably for egotistical reasons, plus he is one of SF's elite.

Also check out this scandal which made my brother homeless during Lewisham Councils so called regeneration efforts.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/04/308358.html

Nope, I don't have 40 minutes free.

I'd almost like to watch it just so that I can disagree that it proves anything.

I assume by 'prove' you mean that it agrees with your opinion but offers no evidence?

Perhaps there would be more money to build houses if Sheffield City Council actually collected all the money they are owed in tax AND stopped giving money to people who aren't entitled to it. Today we learn that those highly paid but lowly skilled council managers have allowed the tax payer to be defrauded out of nearly £1m of housing benefit in the last year. With that sort of money they could build nearly two houses for social housing.

Think of the money that is going to be saved now that the Council are taking the management of their properties back in house. ;)http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/sheffield-homes-staff-jobs-at-risk-1-4568367

Although Sheffield Homes (ALMO) was rated very highly by the Audit Inspectors, the council are obviously confident they will do a better job. Perhaps they won't need all the £40k consultation budget as the future appears to have already been decided. :o

Think of the money that is going to be saved now that the Council are taking the management of their properties back in house. ;)http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/sheffield-homes-staff-jobs-at-risk-1-4568367

Although Sheffield Homes (ALMO) was rated very highly by the Audit Inspectors, the council are obviously confident they will do a better job. Perhaps they won't need all the £40k consultation budget as the future appears to have already been decided. :o

Makes you wonder why they created the ALMO's if they thought they could do a better job.

Nope, I don't have 40 minutes free.

I'd almost like to watch it just so that I can disagree that it proves anything.

I assume by 'prove' you mean that it agrees with your opinion but offers no evidence?

Make time mate. Cut down on sleep one night, or avoid posting on here for 40 minutes...

It will educate you.

Education is a wonderful thing.

Anybody who hasn't seen that video should watch it.

And those of us that have should probably watch it again, myself included!

It’s the land that isn't built on that produces the food to feed the population, a man living in a big house doesn't need more food than a man that lives in a small house, for some unfathomable reason many in the UK want an high population density so we have to live in small houses to retain enough land to feed ourselves. If our country was bigger, we could build bigger houses and use more of the land for houses without cutting our ability to grow food.

76% percent of Britain is covered by farmland,

53% of the land in France is covered by farms.

Which means France’s farm land is greater in area than the UK.

An interesting fact is that in 1700, just 7 percent of the world's land was used for farming and now we use 40%

I tried Googling amount of land that is built on by the UK, France and Germany and couldn’t find a figure, do you have a website with the figures.

Small farms are more productive than big farms in terms of LAND.

We should favour allotments. Yet we pay farmers and landowners CAP payments (CAP payments are supposedly an 'agricultural subsidy', but they get paid to land owners - based upon the amount of land owned!)

We have people on allotment waiting lists. People with allotments don't require financial subsidy for the land they use, they actually pay for it, and the land is used more productively too!

It is also interesting to note, that the UK has increased its pork exports. We are exporting pork to China, and even to the USA!

Yet the UK as a nation is not even self sufficient in food! (We require imports to cover our consumption of food)

We build small houses because the country is a cesspit of parasitic land monopolist scum.

We can build up. We can reinstate the Parker Morris standards, we can end overcrowding. We can end homelessness, we can have ample decent sized housing, and we can have it for next to nothing. We can build on idle land and charge Land Value Tax upon it, at the very least we can charge council tax.

We can build on the idle land that claims CAP subsidy.

The politicians of time past would have argued for and enacted house building programs to improve the living standards of the people, but the politicians we have today, they seek only to exploit the populus via land monopoly.

The labour politicians into buy to let, that claim their 2nd home mortgage expenses. They should be especially ashamed of themselves, given their roots. They care not for the people, they care only for themselves.

Small farms are more productive than big farms in terms of LAND.

We should favour allotments. Yet we pay farmers and landowners CAP payments (CAP payments are supposedly an 'agricultural subsidy', but they get paid to land owners - based upon the amount of land owned!)

We have people on allotment waiting lists. People with allotments don't require financial subsidy for the land they use, they actually pay for it, and the land is used more productively too!

It is also interesting to note, that the UK has increased its pork exports. We are exporting pork to China, and even to the USA!

Yet the UK as a nation is not even self sufficient in food! (We require imports to cover our consumption of food)

We build small houses because the country is a cesspit of parasitic land monopolist scum.

We can build up. We can reinstate the Parker Morris standards, we can end overcrowding. We can end homelessness, we can have ample decent sized housing, and we can have it for next to nothing. We can build on idle land and charge Land Value Tax upon it, at the very least we can charge council tax.

We can build on the idle land that claims CAP subsidy.

The politicians of time past would have argued for and enacted house building programs to improve the living standards of the people, but the politicians we have today, they seek only to exploit the populus via land monopoly.

The labour politicians into buy to let, that claim their 2nd home mortgage expenses. They should be especially ashamed of themselves, given their roots. They care not for the people, they care only for themselves.

An allotment not too far from me is just full of weeds and they don't appear to be growing a great deal of food.

We export pork because we are good at producing pork, there are some foods we import because we can’t grow them here or they can be produced cheaper somewhere else.

Make time mate. Cut down on sleep one night, or avoid posting on here for 40 minutes...

I rarely post on here for a solid 40 minutes, I can hardly watch a documentary in 30 second chunks can I.

It will educate you.

So you claim...

Archived