The city or the countryside?

The city or the countryside?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. The city or the countryside?

• The city
    • The countryside

That's only Fargate; the rest of the the city centre is OK.

Fargate is where you find your charity beggars. The rest of town is where you find your meatheads. Once the sun goes down on sheffield, it's a disgusting place, just like every other city.

Fargate is where you find your charity beggars. The rest of town is where you find your meatheads. Once the sun goes down on sheffield, it's a disgusting place, just like every other city.

Oh, yeah, I won't disagree that when the sun goes down, everything changes in Sheffield*.

Difference is, chuggers only operate in the daytime :)

*speaking of which, tonight's Friday:D

I love the countryside, but I couldnt live there, you would get bored of it after a while, i prefer to visit the countryside as I enjoy it more on a visit.

Plus I would definately be the "only gay in the village" in the countryside, and I dont want that.

I watched Coast last night about Fair Isle and longed to live there....some of my fondest memories are of windswept, desolate, Scottish Highlands like Durness, barren and bleak and dramatic....and great for a holiday! But living there...Hmmm, probably not. As much as I think I could live in the wilds, imbibing nature and staring awestruck at sunsets, I'd soon get bored and want a decent pub, fast internet, and general human contact.

I lived out in the sticks for a year west coast of Ireland (that was enough) Beautiful scenery,and the river moy at the bottom of the garden.One pub (nice people) where the women were as good as the men at darts.Nearest shop 6 miles away.

I now live in Ayr by the sea. A lot busier,but i'm bored after 5 years.

I spend a lot of my time now in Glasgow,and i do miss the vibe of the big city.So for me at some time soon hopefully,back to the big smoke.

Archived