Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

yes that is right actually it's £20.18 per month that's when I looked at my most recent pay slip

Think we are confusing each other here, are you talking about a hospital permit or a road parking permit scheme, which is what we were actually discussing earlier??

Parking in the area of the Northern General by staff has become a complete nuisance and some of the parking is dangerous on Barnsley road at times parking and leaving there cars the wrong way round at the top of Barnsley forcing the buses and ambulances to pull out onto the other side of the road it will not be long before there is an accident there,my daughter lives on Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

Not read all the posts, all I can say, is our nursing staff do a fab job, it's not their fault and if by them paking makes it a bit difficult for someone while they are on hand saving lives etc then it can be put up with, it's like buying a house near a pub then complaining about noise.

Think we are confusing each other here, are you talking about a hospital permit or a road parking permit scheme, which is what we were actually discussing earlier??

bowed head humble pie eaten, not read all thread . still riding high horse tho. ;)

There is a lack of parking places at both main hospitals for staff. Staff have to pay to park at work. Its about £200 a year at the NGH and £7.50 a day in the multi-storey at the RHH. That is if you can get a permit. Not all staff are allowed them. Staff on a late shift can`t find anywhere to park in the hospital grounds as all the spaces are full, and are often late for work because of that. Its the management who are to blame for not allocating enough free or cheap parking for staff.

The staff permits for the RHH multi story cost about £25 a month not £7.50 a day.

^^^What he says :)

Illegal and antisocial parking is inappropriate no matter who is doing it.

Agreed,i get my entrance to my garage blocked off regularly,which is just what you want when you cant get your car out to go to work,downright selfish and anti-social.

Surely the answer to this is to make it permit parking for residents only on the roads all around the hospital.Agree though hospital staff shouldnt have to pay to go to work.I go to the NGH regularly and i always park up on Longley and walk the rest of the way,the parking charge at the hospital is scandalous,sometimes im only there half an hour.

I understand your point and I have never denied that its the right for people to freely park and legally park outside on the road in front of someone else's house,it would just be nice to be able to park on the same road you live on the hospital is a 24/7 operation and they do park there at night as well may be not as many even when the car park in the hospital would be quite empty this just proves that they are parking there to avoid charges.

There is a very strict assessment process for being issued a staff parking permit - not all staff are eligible which is why, I assume, some have to park outside the hospital grounds.

They have personal spaces allocated to them in the hospital.

Senior hospital management (the men and women in suits) do get parking permits to park in the 'essential car users' car park. This car park is totally empty every night and at weekends.:suspect:

The staff permits for the RHH multi story cost about £25 a month not £7.50 a day.

There are strict rules as to whether you qualify for a staff permit, most members of staff don't and have to pay the car park fees of £7.50 a day.

With all that land it's about time they considered building upwards into multi-storey car-parks, surely in the long run it would make things a lot easier for the hospital to police too and looking at your post it would help ten fold in surrounding areas. I don't know why they haven't build them already maybe somebody could enlighten me on this?

Is there an issue with patient parking outside the hospital too? I know the area and know someone who is a nurse at the hospital, so have heard the argument from both sides. Unfortunately, it seems parking is totally inadequate for both staff and patients, and until it is solved then the problem will not go away.

Did someone mention the rejection of plans to build a multistorey car park? Surely, a multistorey car park is the sensible way forward, if implemented properly :)

Funding should never be an issue with regards to building a multistorey carpark. Car parking charges bring in over £1 million profit each year so the money is/should be there but as we all know it is moved to other areas to subsidise losses

The NGH have been dragging their feet on building the multistorey car park since late 2008.

They're in no hurry to provide free parking for staff, when they're making £3million a year in parking fees

Hospital parking problems persist

Little progress on Hospital parking

Mixed response on hospital parking

Archived