Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

As seen in the Weston Park Hospital car park, unfortunately. There are cancer patients queuing to park to go and get their chemotherapy or radiotherapy and someone gets to the front of the queue, parks up, takes their bag out of the car and then crosses the road over to go into the Goodwin sports centre :( Sadly, not everybody understands how deeply inappropriate this is.

This sort of thing was the issue that brought about the Car Park Companies, in order to stop people abusing parking facilities, but some people just don't give a flying fig about anyone other than themselves and persist in doing exactly as they please.

And you know this is staff, how?

Maybe that they get out of their cars dressed in a tutu and pirouette gayly across the road to the paper shop.

Or it could be something to do with their uniforms and their ten hour shift at the hospital :rolleyes:

Well Im no Sherlock Holmes but it could be the NHS badges they wear around there necks and the NHS stickers in the car windscreens that say staff:rolleyes:

Its well known that it is the Staff from NGH as they all appear at about 8am when they start and then they are gone around 4 Mon-Fri it is definately the staff from there as there wasn't a problem until they had to get the permits.

I have no problem with them parking round our area it's just that as the poster said they park in the most inapropriate and dangerous places, on corners etc. Several times the bin lorry has not been able to get to our road and the nearby roads because of selfish double parking.

Maybe that they get out of their cars dressed in a tutu and pirouette gayly across the road to the paper shop.

Or it could be something to do with their uniforms and their ten hour shift at the hospital :rolleyes:

Most clinical staff are not allowed to wear their uniform to and from work, for obvious reasons.

Well Im no Sherlock Holmes but it could be the NHS badges they wear around there necks and the NHS stickers in the car windscreens that say staff:rolleyes:

So, what you suggest?

Its well known that it is the Staff from NGH as they all appear at about 8am when they start and then they are gone around 4 Mon-Fri it is definately the staff from there as there wasn't a problem until they had to get the permits.

I have no problem with them parking round our area it's just that as the poster said they park in the most inapropriate and dangerous places, on corners etc. Several times the bin lorry has not been able to get to our road and the nearby roads because of selfish double parking.

Is there an issue with patient parking outside the hospital too? I know the area and know someone who is a nurse at the hospital, so have heard the argument from both sides. Unfortunately, it seems parking is totally inadequate for both staff and patients, and until it is solved then the problem will not go away.

Did someone mention the rejection of plans to build a multistorey car park? Surely, a multistorey car park is the sensible way forward, if implemented properly :)

Is there an issue with patient parking too? I know the area and know someone who is a nurse at the hospital, so have heard the argument from both sides. Unfortunately, it seems parking is totally inadequate for both staff and patients, and until it is solved then the problem will not go away.

Did someone mention the rejection of plans to build a multistorey car park? Surely, a multistorey car park is the sensible way forward, if implemented properly?

Yes there was mention of a multi story car park but I think the funding wasn't available or something like that I think it had something to do with the council.

I certainly don't think that the residents would have objected to it, and I certainly never received any information about it.

It probably is a combination of patients, staff and visitors but it is mainly staff.

Most clinical staff are not allowed to wear their uniform to and from work, for obvious reasons.

So, what you suggest?

And MOST clinical staff probably park in the car park :)

MOST being the operative word, I don't recall the OP mentioning MOST in his/her post and I certainly didn't :)

Come to think of it, no one mentioned Clinical Staff either, I take it there are other staff work there

Wasn't planning permission refused for a new multi story car park at the NGH due to residents objections was a couple of years ago .

This is fact.

Planning permission was sought to allow the building of a multi-storey car park within the grounds of the NGH but was turned down because local folk objected to the high rise building.

Archived