Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

The police are normally very helpful about the problem (I find).

my experience was bad, as neither the council nor the police would take responsibility for the fact the white H outside my house was blocked. The police in general are very helpful in this area though, im not slating them.

There is another issue that we have to put up with in the area that ads to the parking problems,there is a free bus service from the NGH to the Hallamshire hospital and back so staff working there dump there cars in our area hop on the free bus and and it cost them nothing to park there car.

There is another issue that we have to put up with in the area that ads to the parking problems,there is a free bus service from the NGH to the Hallamshire hospital and back so staff working there dump there cars in our area hop on the free bus and and it cost the nothing to park there car.

Contact your local councillor and push for a parking permit scheme again, without one, it really is anyones right to park outside your daughters house.

my experience was bad, as neither the council nor the police would take responsibility for the fact the white H outside my house was blocked. The police in general are very helpful in this area though, im not slating them.

Yes the garage across the road from my daughters house has a white H in front of it and they still park over it,its like watching a film sometimes you see all the cars turn up one by one and as the space fills up they go round and stop at the space see the H and move on then a few minutes later they come back and decide they are going to squeeze in the space as they get out they have a look around to see if anyone is looking same person kept doing the same thing time and time again the next thing there is flashing lights and a tow truck there pulling it out a green Nisan that was so if the person is looking at this thread they will know, not seen it in the area since.

Parking in the area of the Northern General by staff has become a complete nuisance and some of the parking is dangerous on Barnsley road at times parking and leaving there cars the wrong way round at the top of Barnsley forcing the buses and ambulances to pull out onto the other side of the road it will not be long before there is an accident there,my daughter lives on Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

Totally unfair rant at the NGH staff. Where would you be without the people who staff the hospitals. Have a go at the management instead, they`re the ones to blame.

errrr £20 per month that is. :huh:

im a band 5 staff nurse, work 22 1/2 hrs per week, and pay about £14 a month which is fairly reasonable in my opinion.

its not just staff who park on barnsley road/herries road to avoid the parking fee, ive known many patients and visitors park there too ... its the most common reason for being late for appointments.

im a band 5 staff nurse, work 22 1/2 hrs per week, and pay about £14 a month which is fairly reasonable in my opinion.

its not just staff who park on barnsley road/herries road to avoid the parking fee, ive known many patients and visitors park there too ... its the most common reason for being late for appointments.

Yes that is a fact but they don't leave them there all day,do you think that your staff park in our area to avoid parking fees or is it a lack of staff parking space staff nurse?

Totally unfair rant at the NGH staff. Where would you be without the people who staff the hospitals. Have a go at the management instead, they`re the ones to blame.

True like I said my wife and my daughter both work for the NHS and it is the fault of the management we all know that but it is the staff we see parking in our area not the management so they are bound to kop it.

Archived