Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

Parking in the area of the Northern General by staff has become a complete nuisance and some of the parking is dangerous on Barnsley road at times parking and leaving there cars the wrong way round at the top of Barnsley forcing the buses and ambulances to pull out onto the other side of the road it will not be long before there is an accident there,my daughter lives on Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

the reason the staff park on the road...is because they get charged to park in the car parks.....blame the management...

Unfortunately its a case where the minority of inconsiderate people make it worse for the majority. I stated already its not just staff, though in the morning i would wager that its at least 90% NGH staff that are parking on the roads in the area, as most cars arent moved again until 8-9 hours later. Of those there are a few that really think they can park where they please, its a problem.

Shogun, do you drive to work, and if so do you pay for where you park, or is it a free carpark?? Im lucky, i have a carpark that is free to me at the site i work (whilst the government allow it!) The hospital staff have it rough that they dont have free parking, they really should.

If she's doing this she'll probably end up in trouble herself from the council and whoever manages the roads and parking.

They all do it you have to, the lady next door does it she takes her kids to school

puts the bins in the road sets off comes back moves the bins and parks her car if she did not put the bins on the road some one would park there and she would be lucky to park on the same road never mind outside her house she does this every school day and we don't blame her and the parking attended have seen it and they don't do anything

Its the fault of the greedy hospital management, I worked for the NHS for most of my working life, I retired 3 years ago. Nobody should have to pay to park their car in the grounds of a hospital, especially staff, they are going to work after all to do a job, why should they pay to park.

I know people will say "well times have changed" but I still think its wrong and greedy

Unfortunately its a case where the minority of inconsiderate people make it worse for the majority. I stated already its not just staff, though in the morning i would wager that its at least 90% NGH staff that are parking on the roads in the area, as most cars arent moved again until 8-9 hours later. Of those there are a few that really think they can park where they please, its a problem.

Shogun, do you drive to work, and if so do you pay for where you park, or is it a free carpark?? Im lucky, i have a carpark that is free to me at the site i work (whilst the government allow it!) The hospital staff have it rough that they dont have free parking, they really should.

I run my own business I work from home most of the time so I am a bit sheltered from the outside world my wife works for a private hospital and they provide free parking for staff,my daughter works for the NHS and she has to pay to park that gets up her back

A lot of people these days have to pay to park where they work, i think people realistically need to look back a few years, the hospitals are served by a fantastic public transport system. Eventaully the hospital areas will become permit zones, its happened around the hallamshire, its bound to happen at some stage at the northern, what will the staff do then??

A lot of people these days have to pay to park where they work, i think people realistically need to look back a few years, the hospitals are served by a fantastic public transport system. Eventaully the hospital areas will become permit zones, its happened around the hallamshire, its bound to happen at some stage at the northern, what will the staff do then??

I did hear that the super tram would not be able to climb the hill on Barnsley road that is why they don't have the tracks to the NGH and our end of town, I have never worked at a firm where I have had to pay to park.

just to clarify, considerate parking should be practised by hospital staff, patients, visitors to patients, and RESIDENTS, for anyone to block me in, or off my drive is unacceptable, no matter what job they do.

^^^What he says :)

Illegal and antisocial parking is inappropriate no matter who is doing it.

Archived