Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

There is a lack of parking places at both main hospitals for staff. Staff have to pay to park at work. Its about £200 a year at the NGH and £7.50 a day in the multi-storey at the RHH. That is if you can get a permit. Not all staff are allowed them. Staff on a late shift can`t find anywhere to park in the hospital grounds as all the spaces are full, and are often late for work because of that. Its the management who are to blame for not allocating enough free or cheap parking for staff.

Why do so many staff feel the need to use cars then?, the bus service past NGH is so frequent from many areas of town both up Barnsley road and Herries road. there will be people who cannot get public transport I admit but it can't be the majority of the staff

It would seem that it is down to money again the revenue from car parking in the grounds must be enormous and I can not see them wanting to give that up for the sake of a few moaning local residents, what will happen is someone will to be killed on the road out side due to bad parking or something like that for something to be done,there are over 13.000 employees at the two hospitals and there must be something done about the parking it is not fair that the local residents and the staff of the hospitals should have to suffer this all year round for the sake of money that probably goes in to some other government department anyway.

yes, its ok if its just one bus, but for the majority of people its a bus into town, then a wait for another bus and then a long hike up the drive from the bus stop. Its ok if its only occasionally, but every day, and starting your shift at 7.30am that makes for a very early start, and the majority of staff who are providing direct care very rarely get off on time, so that also makes for a very late arrival home if you have to use the bus.

Why do so many staff feel the need to use cars then?, the bus service past NGH is so frequent from many areas of town both up Barnsley road and Herries road. there will be people who cannot get public transport I admit but it can't be the majority of the staff

It seems they don't like paying, they would prefer to use their cars, park wherever they like, then blame their bosses.

Why should they charge staff for parking there should be a free staff parking areas in fact parking should be free to everyone in all Hospitals in my opinion, but like everything else there would probably be some selfish ignorant pig that would spoil it and leave there cars there all day and go shopping or something.

Why should it be free parking for staff? Where I work we have to pay £35 a month with no guarantee of a space so i'd be delighted if it were reduced to £20

Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

There is no legal right to park outside your own house. Putting bins in the road is wrong. I hope the police were called when the car was blocked in the drive

Staff on a late shift can`t find anywhere to park in the hospital grounds as all the spaces are full, and are often late for work because of that.

My bold

People should leave home earlier if they know parking is difficult - just as people will catch an earlier bus if they know there are reliability problems with the buses

Why should it be free parking for staff? Where I work we have to pay £35 a month with no guarantee of a space so i'd be delighted if it were reduced to £20

Do you honestly think it is fair to pay £35 a month for the right to park your car to go to work is that on the property of the firm you work for or it that like some parking firms charges in town.

There is no legal right to park outside your own house. Putting bins in the road is wrong. I hope the police were called when the car was blocked in the drive

I've explained all that in earlier posts

Archived