Bad experience @ meadow farm in ecclesfield

I went to meadowfarm a couple of month back and ordered a meal that came with salad. The salad was brown and the coke was flat as a fart! Me and family would meet there for meals in the past, and was very enjoyable. In my opinion its gone down hill and the staff are ignorant. Can think of better places to go.

It may help for the future, English law says that you only have to pay what you think the food is worth, if you cannot agree then let them take you to court. As long as you are being fair the court will rule in your favour.

When going out for a meal you expect the food to be what you order and cooked to a higher standard than you cook yourself, unless you are a professional chef. You should explain this when the standard is poor, it will make them think !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Read Ousetunes post with a bit of disbelief, A twelve year old employee told me they don't open tabs, was this a bit tongue in cheek because he looked young obviously you know you legally have to be 18 to serve alcohol. Was just wondering why you didnt ask about a tab before ordering drinks, if you were able to have a tab you would have had to pay your tab at the end anyway so why not pay for the drinks you had ordered, (incidently that is why they don't offer this service because people leaving without paying, and anyway not all pub/restaurants do). I can't believe why anyone thinks it's acceptable to order 8 drinks just to say were leaving' if you had a meal that was inedible that is understandable but not drinks you hadn't even tried. If you struggled to find a table for 8 people surely that means they were busy but this applies anywhere it's busy doesn't it? and no I don't work there I just read this post and although I agree some had valid critiicisms I just thought this one wasn't valid.

bernie54 - suffice to say the 'twelve year old' wasn't that young but his looks and clear lack of experience made him appear so.

The incident is too far back now and it's one I would rather forget.

The whole place was a shambles; like I said, eating out for people who don't eat out (so are none the wiser when they receive dismal food, wedding disco surroundings - kids running riot whilst mum and partner get sloshed - and with service one can only describe as pitiful).

Finally, I am not the type of person to 'do a runner'. But the type of tripe I experienced during my visit received the response it deserved: my group of 8 left.

Edited by Ousetunes