Euro millions lottery

Am i been thick here, but how can they guarantee 18 lottery uk millionaires unless they know the numbers before hand? :huh: Please explain, as i may be having a blonde moment :hihi:

I presume it's a marketing ploy. If they advertise it, then ticket sales will soar, so the prize fund will be much more than it would be normally. I assume they also have a 'fund' for this eventuality, if for some reason ticket sales don't reach their expected growth. It's just plain ol' marketing!

Oh, and I assume the 'raffle ticket' that you get when you buy a euro, is the method they use to draw the 18 millionaires. They'll just draw 18 numbers rather than the single one they usually draw!

Its a separate thing, for every line you have in the lottery, you get a free raffle number

from the National Lottery website............

We'll make 18 overnight UK millionaires on Friday 18th May, guaranteed, with the UK Millionaire Raffle — you could be one of them!

Every time you purchase a line of EuroMillions numbers you'll be issued with a unique UK Millionaire Raffle selection. This selection will be displayed on your ticket, and will automatically be entered into the UK Millionaire Raffle draw.

Didn't a ticket for the euro only cost £1.50 per line originally? When they introduced the raffle, it went up to £2.00. They get 50p from every line sold to fund the millionaire raffle prize.

Yes. The EuroLottery is international(ish); the Millionaire Raffle is UK only.

Am i been thick here, but how can they guarantee 18 lottery uk millionaires unless they know the numbers before hand? :huh: Please explain, as i may be having a blonde moment :hihi:

because they know how many £1m draws they are going to draw. 18 new millionaires, think what that's going to do to the economy? It won't be long before a tin of baked beans in £100.

Archived