Spain snubs the Queen over Gibraltar. Are we bothered??

The "snub" is probably just an excuse to not have to explain that they can't afford the airfare to attend.

but they could afford to send him to Botswana to kill elephants! The jerk got what he deserved (well not all) when he fell over and broke his hip on the trip.

Can you prove that :huh:

Are all the anti royals obsessed with money, how much of your / our money do you think you we should get back ?

I hate the royals and its nothing to do with the money. Its an out dated concept that plays no part in 99.999% of our lives. They may cost only a tiny amount but then again why should someone live the life of riley just because they where born into one family and not another.

France and Spain teamed up against Britain at the battle of Trafalgar(a long time ago I know) and Chile supports Argentina regarding sovereignty over the Falklands/Malvinas.

Trafalgar was 200 years ago and pre Entente Cordialle. We have since fought alongside the French in 2 world wars and numerous NATO campaigns. The last being Libya a few months ago. Spain under Franco backed Hiter when he invaded France in 1940. We currently have joint agreements to share equipment with France including aircraft carriers.

Chile is very good at saying one thing to Argentina and another to the UK. They provided emergency bases for the UK during the Falklands War and have no love whatsoever for Argentina. And we could flatten them in a morning as well if it came to it.

Please don't speak for the majority with your minority view.

about 65% of the population would want to keep the Uk as a monarchy, but I would suspect of that 65% less then half actually have any real opinion on the subject while the rest are just not wishing to change from the status quo.

Spain will go down the pan soon and Gibraltar will be the least of their worries.

Let them snub us, they will be at the door soon enough looking for Britain to give them some sort of bail out.

Bearing in mind the UK liberated Spain from France during the Napoleonic Wars, Spain's proximity to Gibraltar should give the Gibraltarians a good claim to sovereignity over the Iberian Peninsular.:D

about 65% of the population would want to keep the Uk as a monarchy, but I would suspect of that 65% less then half actually have any real opinion on the subject while the rest are just not wishing to change from the status quo.

That would appear to be very wide of the mark. There was a referedum in Gibraltar in 2002 regarding shared sovereignity with Spain. It was rejected by 98.5% to 1.03%. That's a little more than 65% and that was before Spain's financial collapse. I can't imagine a single Gibraltarian voting to become part of Spain and contribute to paying off the countries debts now repayments are 6% and rising.

I hate the royals and its nothing to do with the money. Its an out dated concept that plays no part in 99.999% of our lives. They may cost only a tiny amount but then again why should someone live the life of riley just because they where born into one family and not another.

Ahhh such is life, if we all went around hating those we considered more fortunate than ourselves then what a sad anarchic world it would be ! Are you an anarchist or just riddled with some strange jealousy :suspect:

Archived