Ron 'Ace' Allcard

Ron Ace Allcard,

Am in touch with Ron , who lives London area, and recovering from major surgery. He hopes to be up and running with PC soon to respond to ex friend and acquantances.

Ron was a wrestler in younger days with Ronnie Crookes, and they both worked the doors of The Penny Farthing night club in the early 1970's

He was saying he remembers the cloak room lady at Penny Farthing and her husband was Concert Secretary at Firth Park Working Mens Club . Any one know how they have faired over the years ?.

He mentioned Eric Ludlam as an ex wrestler , who also was sparring partner for Randolph Turpin.I am sure he worked at Surmanco mid 1970's .

Are there any memories out there for Ron , would be pleased to hear from any old friends.

Gary Marshman North Wales

• 4 months later...

I have been looking for contact details for Ronnie for ages. Last time I saw him he was hale and hearty, living in London. We spent years working together as artist and manager but, way more importantly, as great friends. Ronnie is a superb bloke and I loved him dearly. I did something that disappointed him but he misunderstood what had happened. Although that's way in the past, I would love the opportunity to talk to him about it and to laugh again about all the great times we shared. I moved to the USA but am now back in the UK, living in Sheffield. If anyone can help me re-connect with Ron I would be eternally grateful.

Arron Martin

Hi there, I'm Ron's daughter, Rachel. I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, my dad passed away after a short illness on 15th September. He is sadly missed by all of his family and friends and we are all trying to come to terms with our loss.

The funeral will be held at Grenoside South Chapel, Sheffield at 3.15 p.m. on Friday 28th September 2012.

If you want to contact me directly, my email address is; rachelallcard@rocketmail.com.

That is sad news to hear of the passing of Ron Allcard.

I have just this morning been trying to contact Ron with information of people wanting to reconnect and discuss past times.

Thanks Rachel for your post on the Sheffield Forum of the sad news.

Am sure there will be many friends and aquaintances who will remember Ron for their good times shared together.

Gary Marshman

North Wales

Dear All

It's very sad news but it's also of comfort reading all the posts on here from all the people that were priviledged to meet dad and share these fond memories.

Lets try and keep the memories flowing. God bless.

Rachel.

Is this Ronny Allcard who went to Wisewood school and lived in Stocksbridge for a while?

Archived