Strange combination of foods

Chip shop chip sandwich with branston pickle.

Ham and cherry tomato sandwich with brown sauce on.

Pickle red cabbage on toast with a dash of salt on top.

Jam on toast with a dash of hot chilli sauce or tabasco on top, kind of like a chilli jam.

my mrs puts pancakes with stew :gag: :gag: thats just wrong

I make the stew I make the rules!!! :D

My sister used to have cereal such as corn flakes or rice crispies with milk and celery and peppers. Now that is wrong!!! :gag::gag: She was about 10 years old and it became her staple breakfast for about 6 months!

Eating fruit cake with cheese has always been the norm in our house,is it just a sheffield thing.cos people not from here think its really odd.

A very refined thing to do. The contrast between the salty cheese and the dense fruity cake, can't be beaten.

I knew someone who used to sprinkle sugar on a buttered sandwich. She also drank vinegar from the bottle!

Sugar sandwiches were the norm when I was a kid and the weekly housekeeping money had run out. (We also had to clean our teeth with salt instead of toothpaste, but that would be another thread entirely.)

A peanut butter (without added sugar) and cheese sandwich is delicious.

I love to get 2 Ryvitas and spread one with crean cheese and the other with peanut butter and stick then together to make a sandwich.

But nothing beats a smoked bacon, peanut butter and banana toastie.

We also have a strange system at restaurants. We usually don't want 3 courses but my husband likes a starter whilst I like sweets. So we order the main first and afterwards he will have his deep fried mushrooms etc whilst I have my chocolate gateau. We get strange looks but what's it matter?

Archived