Do i need a crb check

thank you , im just a bit concerned , i worked at a nursery for 4 months before getting a crb check which i think is totally wrong, i could have been anyone. just concerned that they may employ anyone without them knowing their past.

I have left the nursary now and got a new job .

If you have concerns than Ofsted are responsible for monitoring nurseries. You could also report to children's social services in Sheffield . Google will tell you the contact details.

Sometimes places will let people start before CRB's come through but you'd expect a risk assessment to be carried out and the new person probably wouldn't work unsupervised or alone.

There you go CRB CHECK

I believe this is the bit of information you need....A worker does have the right to decline a CRB check being made but in the case of working with children or vulnerable adults it is often a legal requirement for an Enhanced Disclosure check to be made.

It isn't "totally" wrong.

It is not unreasonable to find an applicant suitable and to take them on with limited roles ..... particularly ensuring that they are never left alone with children .... whilst their CRB is coming through.

Is the OP saying that she was allowed to work alone with children?

Is she saying that it was 4 months before the CRB came through or that they didn't apply for one until she had been there 4 months?

If you think that a CRB check makes everything safe, you're being very naive anyway. It doesn't do anything to identify sex offenders or paedophiles who have never been caught, which I would suggest may be the majority of them. It makes things safer, but also gives people false confidence.

thank you , im just a bit concerned , i worked at a nursery for 4 months before getting a crb check which i think is totally wrong, i could have been anyone. just concerned that they may employ anyone without them knowing their past.

I have left the nursary now and got a new job .

It would be unusual for you to be left in charge of the kids on your own so not much of a worry, and a CRB only shows if you have been found guilty of an offence, it doesn’t mean you are safe to work with kids.

Archived