Do i need a crb check

There is NO FEE for CRB checks on volunteers.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Do they come through any quicker? It was nearly 3 months last time I heard, by which time would be volunteers have drifted off. You have to strike while the irons hot.

I've just checked with someone who works for a charity, and they DO have to pay a fee for every volunteer CRB check.

There are plenty of people that will take money where they can. Who does your "someone" pay their "fee" to?

There is NO FEE to have a volunteer checked with the CRB.

Instead of checking with "someone" why not check with the Criminal Records Bureau?

Let me tell you that I have, currently, 3 separate current CRB certificates for the volunteer work that I do for 3 different organisations, and none of them cost a penny (other than postage).

I've just checked with someone who works for a charity, and they DO have to pay a fee for every volunteer CRB check.

There are plenty of people that will take money where they can. Who does your "someone" pay their "fee" to?

Instead of checking with "someone" why not check with the Criminal Records Bureau?

Let me tell you that I have, currently, 3 separate current CRB certificates for the volunteer work that I do for 3 different organisations, and none of them cost a penny (other than postage).

Every CRB check is paid for by someone. Where volunteers are concerned, it's often the organisation they are volunteering for that has to pay for the CRB.

Sometimes the organisation will insist that the volunteer themselves pay for the check.

Either way someone is paying for it, CRBs are never free.

IMO, they should be free, but, they're not.

Every CRB check is paid for by someone. Where volunteers are concerned, it's often the organisation they are volunteering for that has to pay for the CRB.

Sometimes the organisation will insist that the volunteer themselves pay for the check.

Either way someone is paying for it, CRBs are never free.

IMO, they should be free, but, they're not.

How many times do I have to say it.

The Criminal Records Bureau do not charge for checking applications for volunteers!

To my knowledge, the volunteer doesn't pay anything, but the company is subjected to a £20 administration fee.

Why not find out who they pay their 'fee' to?

The CRB charges no fee for volunteers.

Organisations/Persons have to be registered with the CRB in order to submit applications. It costs £300 to register.

So ... a large organisation that regularly makes CRB checks will be registered and Applications for Volunteers will be FREE.

Like the organisations for which I volunteer.

If your company/organisation is not registered then it is at the mercy of another registered body to put in an application for them.

Like someone else has said ... it is a money-making racket at many points in the system.

There are profiteering 'umbrella organisations' that are in it just for the money.

Buyer Beware!

This is how ridiculous it is - why do you need 3 separate current CRB certificates?

If you've been cleared once by CRB, that should be applicable to all other organisations. It's just creating work. No wonder it takes so long for the things to come through.

Archived