Do i need a crb check

I've just checked with someone who works for a charity, and they DO have to pay a fee for every volunteer CRB check.

That is incorrect - there is NO charge for volunteers BUT if the organisation they went through may charge an administration fee hun :)

We charge £4.50 so if your a volunteer then thats what you'll pay.

This is how ridiculous it is - why do you need 3 separate current CRB certificates?

If you've been cleared once by CRB, that should be applicable to all other organisations. It's just creating work. No wonder it takes so long for the things to come through.

Ours take about 3 weeks to come back. They used to be interchangable but that stopped a while back. You have to be checked for each role as you could have committed a crime since your last CRB check (like I said before though I think they are a waste and was a panic thing by the government at the time because of what happened to the girls in Soham)

:)

Archived