Working tax credits - what a joke !

@BigSexyDoug we claimed £9.00 a week for 1 year, sorry I said it was a month I got it wrong. When you said that amount then, I had to think about as I thought it did not sound right.

£9.00 a week x4 for the month = £36.00 x 12 for the year = £432.00 sorry again I did not mean to confuse things. :);)

Plus 4 weeks, because there are 52 weeks in a year. x

What a joke tax credits are. If only we lived in a place that didn't have artificially low wages compared with the cost of living.

I thought if the taxman makes a mistake you can pay it back at a rate you consider affordable. I'd say 50p a week would be alright :)

I've just got a letter and some forms to fill in. The letter says 'Annual Review for year ended 05/04/2012 - Your tax credits award for 19/07/2011 to 05/04/2012'

:loopy:

They've already paid me for last year, oh dear, I'm confused. Seems like they pay you first, and then check they got it right?

I'm not sure whether I should get any this year. I keep reading about an 'income disregard' but I don't understand what it means :help:

My wages April 2010-April 2011 were low enough that I got £13 a month last year, but I got a wage rise in May 2011, taking me above the single person's threshold (I have no children). So I don't know if I get anything this year :confused:

........ I keep reading about an 'income disregard' but I don't understand what it means :help:

The "income disregard" is the "buffer" that is allowed between your estimated income for the year and the final actual income.

If your income changes (rise or fall) by less than £2,500 there will be no change in the next year's credits.

This reduces the need to report every small change in income during the year which just creates more paperwork.

@BigSexyDoug we claimed £9.00 a week for 1 year, sorry I said it was a month I got it wrong. When you said that amount then, I had to think about as I thought it did not sound right.

£9.00 a week x4 for the month = £36.00 x 12 for the year = £432.00 sorry again I did not mean to confuse things. :);)

no probs, no-one had picked up on it, it just hit me straight between the eyes, and i thought it looked nuts lol

The "income disregard" is the "buffer" that is allowed between your estimated income for the year and the final actual income.

If your income changes (rise or fall) by less than £2,500 there will be no change in the next year's credits.

This reduces the need to report every small change in income during the year which just creates more paperwork.

My income increased by about £1300 from 2010/11 to 2011/12, so hopefully I will still get some tax credits then :D

Its only £13, but every little helps, will (almost) pay for my broadband :)

He he he blonde moment there BigSexyDoug I left my brain in the pickle jar upstairs lol. Isabelle I have just had the same letter excpet we are not in receipt of any benefits, they have put on it that we said our income was £21,000 nad we are actually earning £17,000 are they admitting they are wrong?? how do they know?? we have not had any dealings with them since 2010.

I sent them a colourfully worded complaint letter a matter of weeks ago when we recieved another letter asking them not to send us anymore correspondance. We are not in receipt of anything, so why do they feel the need to send us letters?? I am not wasting my time or the queens stamps sending those crettins another letter of complaint they must be sick of me he he. I don`t have any children either Isabelle, the funny thing is the lady I had spoken to on the phone sometime ago at the HMRC admitted if we had children we would be able to claim something, same thing with the Jobcentre they admitted when I went down to speak to an advisor for my appointment how absurd is that?? it is completely laughable it really is. :);)

Ahhhh I hope you get things sorted, and you can pay your broadband we can`t be without internet, I don`t know what I would do, plus if you don`t look for jobs the Jobcentre will hang tar and feather you and you are probably like me one of the honest ones lol. :);)

Archived