Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

Why would the jobs be insecure? Why would they be agency jobs? Why do you personalise this? I have a job already.
more and more jobs are now going to agency/temporary workers which these jobs have no job security ie (no contract hours/3 day weeks etc)like i said would you take a pay cut and work for what you suggested? oh by the way would banks lend to these people ?

The Tories usually get kicked out because they run out of ideas, not because they are cutting taxes through savings on the public sector.

The private sector will bid for work they can make money at. Here's how it works. It does involve some maths so take a deep breath, sit back and concentrate.

Public sector service costs £x and delivers y

Private Sector Company offers to do y for £x minus 20% (because public sector is hugely inefficient)

Net result = 20% saving to tax payer

Private Sector Company delivers y for £x minus 25%

Private Sector makes 5% profit

Result = Tax payers receive same service but pay 20% less. Private company makes 5% profit and tax payers receive same service.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Here's how Public Sector finance works now. Let's take the example of the World Stupid Games.

Games cost £140m

Council borrows £140m

Council runs facilities at a loss.

Council give facilities away

Council pays £510m interest on the £140m loan.

Everything the public sector touches costs at least 5 times what they estimate it at if it even works at all. Another example is the inner ring road extension. Council estimate £23m provided by government. Final cost £96m so council borrow the extra £73m.

more and more jobs are now going to agency/temporary workers which these jobs have no job security ie (no contract hours/3 day weeks etc)like i said would you take a pay cut and work for what you suggested? oh by the way would banks lend to these people ?

48 hours per week at £5 per hour tax free. If I was out of work I would take that job.

Of course banks would lend to those people they do now.

I gather that financial efficiency is your thing, well how is having most of the countries wealth sitting in the bank accounts of a small amount of people (which is the way it is in the current system that you seem to defend) an efficient use of money?

The alternative is communism, which is silly.

Its time the law was changed, bring back work houses, they worked before why not now?

No responses to the above? Is my logic unchallengeable? I awoke expecting an avalanche of rebuttal.

I presume that it's because those comments are being treated with the disdain they warrant...?

Its time the law was changed, bring back work houses, they worked before why not now?

Are you sure? Did you ever work in one?

Lainey, "Like" that...

O: Xenia:- Oh, yeah, sure, let's go back to the dignity of folk eating gruel, and families being ripped asunder....

I presume that it's because those comments are being treated with the disdain they warrant...?

What’s wrong with the idea of a homeless unemployed people being offered food and accommodation in return for work.

People are already volunteering to work in exchange for free food and accommodation; in fact many of us work so we can pay for food and accommodation.

The typical arrangement is for the helper to work an average of 4 hours per day and in return receive free accommodation and meals for their efforts.

Not gunna disagree with you here,mainly cos im only going on what ive been told by a friend of mine,he recieves DLA but when his daughter started working full time they had to pay full rent.

Then they did or said sonething wrog, to the wrong people!

MY mums disbaled, claims DLA and HB/CTB and while I was still living at home, and working, mums rent didn't alter at all, but I still had to pay ONKY MY SHARE of Council Tax, but because of the situation, it was reduced slightly too!

Archived