Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

Not that this as anything to do with the post I replied too, but since when the does the benefits office send a job seeker to a job and then take their benefits off them if they refuse to do it.

Just read up on it. There's stuff all over the web about JSA sanctions and the triggers for them.

Oh heck, I'm feeling generous. Here you go:

http://www.benefitsnow.co.uk/jsa/sanctions.asp

You will be given a fixed period sanction if you:

refuse or fail to carry out any reasonable jobseeker's direction;

or

lose a place on a training scheme or employment programme through misconduct;

or

give up a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

fail to attend a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

refuse or fail to apply for or accept a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

neglect a reasonable opportunity of a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause.

It was a nice try bringing Sharp into it. You'll know of course that the volume of production is actually tiny compared to what China is producing anyway. And I never said we couldn't make the panels here, just that the economics of doing so was questionable. Some brave souls will try of course. They always do.

So, forget the solar industry then. And if you can make a panel out of sand alone then best of luck to you.

So, who will your benefits claimants be toiling for? What jobs will they be doing? And who will buy the things they make?

Nothing like stating the obvious, that’s why we import them from China and the fact they are significantly cheaper to manufacture in China because of low labour costs.

They will work for the UK and the panels won't be sold but will used by the government and placed on all public buildings, along with any household that wants them. This will lower the UK’s carbon footprint, leave us less reliant on energy from other countries, and give our unemployed something to do.

Just read up on it. There's stuff all over the web about JSA sanctions and the triggers for them.

or

or

give up a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

or

refuse or fail to apply for or accept a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

neglect a reasonable opportunity of a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause.

What does that have to do with turning down a job that presumably must be offered? Who offers them the Job?

Not that this as anything to do with the post I replied too, but since when the does the benefits office send a job seeker to a job and then take their benefits off them if they refuse to do it.

Are you thick or blind? anyone refusing a job for no justifiable reason loses benefits.

What does that have to do with turning down a job that presumably must be offered? Who offers them the Job?

Are you having difficulty reading the English Language? If so I'll post again

Originally Posted by I1L2T3

or

or

or

or

or

Now is that too difficult to understand?

Nothing like stating the obvious, that’s why we import them from China and the fact they are significantly cheaper to manufacture in China because of low labour costs.

They will work for the UK and the panels won't be sold but will used by the government and placed on all public buildings, along with any household that wants them. This will lower the UK’s carbon footprint, leave us less reliant on energy from other countries, and give our unemployed something to do.

What if the panels are more expensive from the UK manufacturer, even with free workers? And even if they are not sold on the open market the manufacturer would still demand payment and expect to take profit. Should public funds be spent on things that cost more than they should? Poor buying decisions are one of the major causes of high public spending now by the way.

Are you thick or blind? anyone refusing a job for no justifiable reason loses benefits.

Who will offer them the job that they can refuse, do the benefits office regularly offer people jobs?

It doesn't matter who offers the job. What matters, within the context of this thread, is that you may be generalising about all benefit recipients when it isn't reasonable to do so.

Sure some claimants are difficult to place in work and some are resistant to the idea. Some end up on benefits because the benefit system is rubbish and creates the wrong incentives. Some are ill or recovering from illness. Some end up long-term unemployed through no fault of their own. All these require the right help. I'm not convinced forced work in return for benefits is the answer.

There are many who want work and who are actively looking for work, many who will be already working (< 16 hours a week) and who are desperate for more work. You've said a few times on this thread that people on benefits do nothing. Intensive jobsearch, part-time work, voluntary work are not doing nothing and I don't see why people doing those should be forced into tasks in return for benefit.

Are you having difficulty reading the English Language? If so I'll post again

Originally Posted by I1L2T3

or

or

or

or

or

Now is that too difficult to understand?

Again what does refusing to go on a training scheme have to do with declining a job offer and who offers them the jobs. Do they have to go on compulsory interviews set up by the benefits office?

Archived