Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

What if the panels are more expensive from the UK manufacturer, even with free workers? And even if they are not sold on the open market the manufacturer would still demand payment and expect to take profit. Should public funds be spent on things that cost more than they should? Poor buying decisions are one of the major causes of high public spending now by the way.

There is no company to take profits, it would run by the UK government for the benefit of the entire population, and would be a non profit making organisation. It would provide valuable work for the unemployed, that’s good for everyone, it would provide free sustainable energy, good for everyone, it would in the long term cut everyone’s energy costs, and would use money that is already being spent on paying people to do nothing, and to buy and fit panels to a minority of properties.

Again what does refusing to go on a training scheme have to do with declining a job offer and who offers them the jobs. Do they have to go on compulsory interviews set up by the benefits office?

There is an element of compulsion and if the jobcentre knows somebody has turned down a job offer they have to have a very good reason for doing so. The rules are being tightened all the time.

It doesn't matter who offers the job. What matters, within the context of this thread, is that you may be generalising about all benefit recipients when it isn't reasonable to do so.

Sure some claimants are difficult to place in work and some are resistant to the idea. Some end up on benefits because the benefit system is rubbish and creates the wrong incentives. Some are ill or recovering from illness. Some end up long-term unemployed through no fault of their own. All these require the right help. I'm not convinced forced work in return for benefits is the answer.

There are many who want work and who are actively looking for work, many who will be already working (< 16 hours a week) and who are desperate for more work. You've said a few times on this thread that people on benefits do nothing. Intensive jobsearch, part-time work, voluntary work are not doing nothing and I don't see why people doing those should be forced into tasks in return for benefit.

Didn't I already say that a few pages back, I know there are different circumstances for many claimants, but that as nothing to do with this?

Just read up on it. There's stuff all over the web about JSA sanctions and the triggers for them.

Oh heck, I'm feeling generous. Here you go:

http://www.benefitsnow.co.uk/jsa/sanctions.asp

You will be given a fixed period sanction if you:

refuse or fail to carry out any reasonable jobseeker's direction;

or

lose a place on a training scheme or employment programme through misconduct;

or

give up a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

fail to attend a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

refuse or fail to apply for or accept a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause;

or

neglect a reasonable opportunity of a place on a training scheme or employment programme without good cause.

Which doesn’t say a claimant will be offered a job and refusal to take up the job will result in losing their benefits. Which is the point you tried to make when posting it.

There is no company to take profits, it would run by the UK government for the benefit of the entire population, and would be a non profit making organisation. It would provide valuable work for the unemployed, that’s good for everyone, it would provide free sustainable energy, good for everyone, it would in the long term cut everyone’s energy costs, and would use money that is already being spent on paying people to do nothing, and to buy and fit panels to a minority of properties.

I see. State enterprise. Very interesting.

What makes you think the UK government can produce solar panels better and more cheaply than a Chinese company?

Didn't I already say that a few pages back, I know there are different circumstances for many claimants, but that as nothing to do with this?

Which doesn’t say a claimant will be offered a job and refusal to take up the job will result in losing their benefits. Which is the point you tried to make when posting it.

You're right it doesn't specifically say it but it is the case. Because I didn't post it it doesn't mean it isn't true. Look it up. I'm not doing any more research on your behalf because you just throw it back in my face :hihi::hihi:

There is an element of compulsion and if the jobcentre knows somebody has turned down a job offer they have to have a very good reason for doing so. The rules are being tightened all the time.

So the benefits office sends claimants on compulsory interviews, and if that person refuses a job that is offered, they will lose their benefits, will they lose also their benefits if they intentionally conduct a bad interview.

I see. State enterprise. Very interesting.

What makes you think the UK government can produce solar panels better and more cheaply than a Chinese company?

It’s about producing them ethically and in environmentally friendly way, which also benefits the UK; it’s about giving the unemployed something to do. Buying cheap panels made using dirty energy doesn't really benefit anyone other than the fit companies. There would also be very few additional employment costs and no profits. It would be a very sad state of affairs if we couldn’t compete on price but price isn’t the only consideration.

You're right it doesn't specifically say it but it is the case. Because I didn't post it it doesn't mean it isn't true. Look it up. I'm not doing any more research on your behalf because you just throw it back in my face :hihi::hihi:

I didn't make the assertion so I have no need to prove it. I know that the benefits office doesn't send people to compulsory interviews and I know thet their benefits aren’t stopped for not attending interviews.

Of all Sharp's solar module manufacturing plants around the world, one of the most technically advanced is right here in the UK.

are Made In Britain and carry a 25 year performance guarantee.

The raw material of most solar cells today is crystalline silicon. Luckily, silicon is one of the most widely available elements in the form of sand.

A valid point. However if the Wrexham plant was staffed by "whoever the dole office sent along this week" the guarentee would probably be 25 minutes, if that.

I didn't make the assertion so I have no need to prove it. I know that the benefits office doesn't send people to compulsory interviews and I know thet their benefits aren’t stopped for not attending interviews.

How do you know this MrSmith?

Archived