Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

Housing benefit is a ridiculous system. Fair enough if you lose you job whilst living somewhere and you can no longer afford it- there should be some sort of helping hand. But putting people up in a house (of size determined by how many sprogs you squeeze out) for people who've never owned a house or never will be able to afford one is a joke. A joke designed to keep houses full therefore keeping the prices artificially high and the landlords in business.

Caravan parks are the answer. Don't work, have as many kids as you like but don't expect a free house.

If they're claiming DLA then their sons income doesn't affect their claim for housing/council tax benefit.

I know this because my father is disabled and gets DLA.

It hasn't affected their claim; the council send him the bill for rent and council tax.

It hasn't affected their claim; the council send him the bill for rent and council tax.

They didn't with me when I was working and living with my Dad and I fail to see how the can charge him rent when it won't be his name on the tenancy agreement.

Wouldn't everyone just pick up a caravan and become gypsies? And wouldn't that be the death knell for the tiny amount of agriculture production we have left?

He's talking about idle land (i.e. not in use).

It's funny how we daren't touch or seemingly even discuss our sacred property rights, the parasitic, unsustainable nature of which Proudhon put to bed back in the 19th century (and arguably even Locke back in the 17thC). In a nutshell, property (land) is far more complex than the current law gives it due credit.

And that's the view of many capitalists as well, interestingly. Reading is fun.

It's not a safety net if you are better off in it than out. A safety net should be there for people who fall on hard times to rescue them from hitting the streets. Labour made it so that people can live in the safety net permanently. Some people are living in 5 bedroomed safety nets and they are better off than those working hard and paying taxes to maintain the safety net. It's utterly absurd, a big drain on the country and it is sapping the country's work ethic as well.

And how are people going to afford rent if some businesses want to employ them at £1 per hour?

We wouldn't have to worry about any of this stuff if we were all Amish.

Every week get together to build someone a new house f.o.c. and our only worry would be which beard conditioner to use and who's turn it was to muck out the horses.

He's talking about idle land (i.e. not in use).

It's funny how we daren't touch or seemingly even discuss our sacred property rights, the parasitic, unsustainable nature of which Proudhon put to bed back in the 19th century (and arguably even Locke back in the 17thC). In a nutshell, property (land) is far more complex than the current law gives it due credit.

And that's the view of many capitalists as well, interestingly. Reading is fun.

Any chance of a translation of that into laymans terms. You lost me at "not in use."

Chemist does so daily to the point where I've stopped trying trying to comprehend most of the stuff he posts :( which is to my detriment as the bits I do understand are very interesting.

How does me being taxed on the private allotments that I own bring about lower taxes and more jobs?

Benefits too high, minimum wage too high.

Lower minimum wage to £4.75. Encourage manufacturing jobs back from China.

A race to the bottom....despicable!

Why don't we just put children back up chimneys and down mines?

Archived