Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

The levels of employment depend on the number of projects. Yes some of the projects would be 'build once' (e.g. solar ;)) but then there are ongoing infrastructure maintenance roles. If the original projects are done right they should promote ongoing economic growth. This is very, very basic economics.

As for borrowing, yes you have to borrow. Few governments have hundreds of billions sitting idle on the balance sheet waiting to be spent. If you want the massive infrastructure projects you have to attract investment to do them. Again this is very, very basic economics.

In this case borrowing in the right way for the right projects is the key.

If we followed your plan then 20 years down the line we'd have a spick and span country with high unemployment and crumbling infrastructure.

Let’s move away from the basic economic and explain what projects do you think need doing? How will you ensure British unemployed are the ones employed on the projects? How will you motivate the British unemployed to do the jobs? You keep avoiding giving any details on what all this extra debt will be spent on.

Let’s move away from the basic economic and explain what projects do you think need doing? How will you ensure British unemployed are the ones employed on the projects? How will you motivate the British unemployed to do the jobs? You keep avoiding giving any details on what all this extra debt will be spent on.

See other thread where you asked the same questions ;)

You'll notice that they 40 minutes spent arguing isn't a single 40 minute block.

No they aren't. You just claim that so that you don't feel obliged to go out and work. Get a bike, start a courier business, tell me what land you need that you can't use to do it.

In addition to competing with highly mechanized 3PL and state subsidized industry (Royal Mail).

I would need permission to ride the highways, land for storage (of stuff to be delivered, of bicycle), I would need land for parcels to be picked up and dropped off (that land may be held by others - and eat into my profits by lowering their ability to pay four couriers.)

I would also be competing with the benefit system.

I would also be increasing the land values of the area I offered my service to by improving the local economy, thus increasing the cost of living for myself (as I don't own land).

How about if the most successful potato growers start renting more land and employing people to grow potatoes on them?

And since the potato problem is solved (not that there is a potato problem, it makes more sense in reality to get a job and buy a potato with the income from that) what do we do about somewhere to live?

That is fair enough. But the people employed to grow potatoes at high yield, would learn and then be able to rent their own land to do the same, the temporary extraction of rent from their labour, would thus be in payment for educating them in potato growing.

We can't own land now, or by extension property...

To the contrary, everybody owns land. Everybody has a stake in society.

How about if I make the government a good offer on some land, instead of rent I'll pay 100 times the annual rent to buy it, or a 1000 times... It would be foolish to turn that offer down, but once I've bought it we're back where we are now.

No. You must pay only rent unto the people, persons like you trying to steal the common land from the people and reinstate land monopoly would not be allowed to buy land, the public would make a short term gain and a long term lost. The long term interests of the people are what matters. Hence the need for LVT in the first place,.

See other thread where you asked the same questions ;)

There's some reasonable ideas in your list, but you still didn't address how we make sure its British unemployed doing the work, and clearly some unemployed would be incapable of doing it so what will they do and how will you get them to do it.

There's some reasonable ideas in your list, but you still didn't address how we make sure its British unemployed doing the work, and clearly some unemployed would be incapable of doing it so what will they do and how will you get them to do it.

Neither have you for that matter

I'm realistic. I know that some of the more skilled positions would be filled by foreign nationals, quite simply because our skills base has been so eroded. But you ignore my emphasis on the projects being set up to help get our 1 million unemployed 16-24 yo unemployed back on their feet.

In your scheme how would you stop people coming here to claim benefits, no doubt happy with a roof over their heads in return for a few hours work a week?

Archived