Is there any wonder some of our young don’t want to work.

Interesting chat with my girlfriend other day.She has been left flabbergasted at the lack of response and enthusiasm of her 4th year business students.

Part of her job,(lecturer)and part of the students degree is to do an internship.

She has secured about 15 places for them from a major drinks company.

The work experience is to run from June to Aug/Sep (i think) paid £19,000 pro rata.

Out of 200 students only 9 have e-mailed her to show an interest.

Ok, I will do the job. PM me the start times etc. I will show you Tory cakemixes what for :D

Yes but a gallon of petrol like a loaf of bread costs the same to both high and low earners.

Indeed.

Petrol is a luxury, bread is a necessity.

Do low Earners have bigger bellies than high earners or should the high earners have to work overtme to fill the low earners' bellies?

Explain.

Utter fantasy, just tell us than how some families with a working parent can still get benefits?

What you don't seem to realise is that the tax payer from the lowest upwards is subsidising those who pay these minimum rates, in other words you, if you're a tax payer, you are paying for these low wage paying employer's Bentleys, nice big houses and villas abroad.

That would depend on the amount of tax you pay, the vast majority of people in this country take out more in benefits and services than they contribute, it’s actually the wealthiest that pay most of the tax.

They don’t work because the work ethic as gone, if they are waiting for a 20 grand a year job they will be waiting for ever ,,,,,,,,, and people slag off foreign workers that work in the fields for 10 bob an hour ……… give me a break.

They only do it because working allows them to feed themselves and their family and not because they enjoy being our cheap labour. If our unemployed were given the same incentive to work, they would have the same work ethic.

Indeed.

Petrol is a luxury, bread is a necessity.

Do low Earners have bigger bellies than high earners or should the high earners have to work overtme to fill the low earners' bellies?

Explain.

The vast majority whom produce food get low pay (the workers). The landowners cream the profits.

When people are denied land to grow their own food, welfare becomes a necessity, it is a mechanism preventing a civil war and more equitable redistribution of the land.

That would depend on the amount of tax you pay, the vast majority of people in this country take out more in benefits and services than they contribute, it’s actually the wealthiest that pay most of the tax.
Pleas show figures.

Bring back workhouses. Get the orphans in on it- sewing up football boots. Victorian values. You're right. Backwards is always the best direction. :hihi:

Won't happen, this is the 21st Century, and we have laws that forbid "work houses".

But even the daily mail wants them back!!.

So do I. But, in these barkingmad, eco-friendly, sustainable, save the whales times the concept needs a bit of an update. I suggest treadmills that generate electricity for their local communities. Exercise and free electric? What's not to like? I would also do the same for prisons.

Archived