How do I get a gun licence?

well you'll need a shotgun licence rather than than a firearms certificate , you'll also need a secure gun cabinet bolted through the wall or floor and somewhere to store cartridges that meet the requirements ...

well you'll need a shotgun licence rather than than a firearms certificate , you'll also need a secure gun cabinet bolted through the wall or floor and somewhere to store cartridges that meet the requirements ...

cartridges dont need to be locked away only section1 ammo does

I want to take on shooting clay pigeons as a hobbie and need to get a gun licence how do I get one? Anyone know?

Down load form from South Yorkshire police web site. You will need 4 passport sized photo's and fifty quid, and some one to vouch for you and sign one photo and your application form. I asked my boss to sign mine. It can be anybody really, except family.

When you fill form in, be totally honest if you have any convictions, because they will know any how.

Takes about 6 weeks from aplication to recieving SGC.

As stated previously, you will need a gun safe with 2 five lever locks with different keys and bolted to an outside wall, not garage or out building.

The FAO for South Yorkshire will visit you to discuss safety etc and inspect your gun cabinet. Look on ebay for gun cabinet, they are over 100 quid new.

Archived