Digital switch over  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Digital switch over

• Better all round picture quality and choice of channels
    • Better than the old stuff
    • Not that much better
    • wish they had left things alone I was happy with it before
    • Waste of money and time

So we should have all been switched to digital by now and we should all be getting perfect pictures now and loads of free channels, has it all been worth it has it made a difference to your viewing pleasure or has it been a big let down and a waste of time and money for people, I will put a poll up to see what folks think.

So we should have all been switched to digital by now and we should all be getting perfect pictures now and loads of free channels, has it all been worth it has it made a difference to your viewing pleasure or has it been a big let down and a waste of time and money for people, I will put a poll up to see what folks think.

Of course it's better, more channels, and more choice

Recently switched from Virgin Media to Freeview HD and got a new aerial too, and so far we're really happy with the decision. Loving the BBC offerings so far, but would really love to see Film4 HD on Freeview, and that's the only thing I'm missing. Otherwise, very happy indeed.

It's pants. Off completely in bad weather rather than a bit fuzzy when it was analogue.

If you think Freeview's bad, try Virgin. At least when you get digital break up on Freeview it doesn't make that godforsaken high pitched screeching noise. In fact, I've only seen our Freeview break up about three times, and only briefly then. On the V+ it happened all the time. You couldn't record anything, it was a waste of time.

Shouldn't do if your arial is ok, and the coax sometimes if old, get's water ingress.

Digital signal is on/off. Analogue is a variable range. When it's on it's a lot better quality but when the weather is bad IMO it would be better to have a fuzzy analogue signal than no digital at all.

Edit:there's no water ingress in my loft :)

Digital signal is on/off. Analogue is a variable range. When it's on it's a lot better quality but when the weather is bad IMO it would be better to have a fuzzy analogue signal than no digital at all.

I haven't had any drop off whatsoever in the recent bad weather, but then we did have a new aerial fitted.

If you think Freeview's bad, try Virgin. At least when you get digital break up on Freeview it doesn't make that godforsaken high pitched screeching noise. In fact, I've only seen our Freeview break up about three times, and only briefly then. On the V+ it happened all the time. You couldn't record anything, it was a waste of time.

No cables on the street. Too many trees and elderly neighbours to sign petitions.

So I can't try virgin :(

Never mind, I'm due 70 when I die....

Archived