Olympic flame lands in UK.

Inclusion would have been good.

We arent a massive country.

To have the Olympics as the GB Olympics and then share the events evenly around the country would have made it a less bitter pill to swallow.

But would that not have the effect of increasing the cost even more with travel and security arrangements?

I'm no big fan of the olympics myself but it has its merits for those involved and for those who find the events a spectacle.

Is it the olympics that is annoying or the fact that it's taking place in the South?

If Sheffield was one of the financial capital cities of the world hosting the olympics would it give a toss what anyone else thought of them?

What would you like to get out of it?

I don't personally want owt of it.

My gripe is how so few people and companies reap in the money,while those who paid for it can't even get tickets for the sports they want to watch.

Even the olympic design motif is crap,and probably cost a fair wack.Why did they not have a national school competition for the kids to design one?

Closing road lanes off for dignitaries and big cheeses.

This olympics aint for the people anymore.It's a money making machine for big companies,and a freebie for the worlds 'owt for nowt' rich.

All sport should be amateur....

Archived