Olympic flame lands in UK.

I don't personally want owt of it.

My gripe is how so few people and companies reap in the money,while those who paid for it can't even get tickets for the sports they want to watch.

Even the olympic design motif is crap,and probably cost a fair wack.Why did they not have a national school competition for the kids to design one?

Closing road lanes off for dignitaries and big cheeses.

This olympics aint for the people anymore.It's a money making machine for big companies,and a freebie for the worlds 'owt for nowt' rich.

All sport should be amateur....

But sport and businesses look inseparable with money being the driving force don't they. It's a hard cycle to break.

I want to know what happened to the financial 'expert' who originally quoted the cost of the games as £2 biliion.

With it now topping £12 billion, did he get the sack for gross incompetence, or at least a cut in what is probably an enormous salary?

Nope, probably got a bonus....

I know and the cost will run in to millions, hey ho!

Would it be millions, sadly it's just shy of 10 BILLIONS - that's just a little more than a few millions.

It's costing 30/50 million to build the shooting complex - then raise it to the ground when the games have done. Waste of money, I would say so.

Angel.

I don't personally want owt of it.

My gripe is how so few people and companies reap in the money,while those who paid for it can't even get tickets for the sports they want to watch.

Even the olympic design motif is crap,and probably cost a fair wack.Why did they not have a national school competition for the kids to design one?

Closing road lanes off for dignitaries and big cheeses.

This olympics aint for the people anymore.It's a money making machine for big companies,and a freebie for the worlds 'owt for nowt' rich.

All sport should be amateur....[/QUOTE]

Just the way footie has gone, now it's about brass, brass and brass, the game comes in a poor fourth.

Angel.

The whole charade sickens me.

Those that pay for it get nowt out of it.

Leave the so-called VIPs to enjoy themselves at our expense and inconvenience.

Money laundering of public money? Put it all on red

Would it be millions, sadly it's just shy of 10 BILLIONS - that's just a little more than a few millions.

It's costing 30/50 million to build the shooting complex - then raise it to the ground when the games have done. Waste of money, I would say so.

Angel.

We all waste money it's just on a much smaller scale.

Archived