Awkward eye contact with other drivers

So i was discussing this with a friend today and we were wondering why you can walk down the street or round the supermarket and smile at strangers if you make eye contact, yet when you're in the car sat at the lights or whatever eye contact with the driver next to you feels soooooooo awkward. Is it just me or does anyone else agree and have any kind of theory on the subject?

It's funny you should observe that. I feel almost like I'm intruding on someone's privacy if I make eye contact at a junction. It's completely irrational I know. Especially if it's a woman. However, I often spy male people in my rear view mirrow, who are sitting there blatently nose picking. I just wonder where they wipe it!!!! :gag:. Oh and then there's the women who spend their time at traffic lights 'preening' themselves. Fluffing up their hair...etc...I have to chuckle to myself!

Eye contact is good! I always try to make eye contact with drivers at junctions. It's not a competition, but if you do make eye contact with the other guy, then the 'Macho' bit goes out of the window and - between the pair of you - you can probably drive in a civilised manner.

Eye contact - wherever possible!

Yes but you've managed to retain a lot of human traits that have somehow alluded many of Sheffields inhabitants.

I am usually one for defending rotherham as I am from rotherham and I dont think its that bad im not saying its good but its not a ghetto either.

However im assuming this happened in wentworth by you saying i had a car chase round wentworth.

I would be an idiot to try and defend wentworth if im honest you got off lucky there if anything.

I once turned and looked at a driver at the lights next to me in Rotherham and him and his three male passengers took it badly, in fact he totally flipped and we ended up in a high speed chase round Wentworth. I couldnt stop because I would have got a kicking and because we were driving at high speed couldnt use the phone to organise an ambush for him so I literally had to out drive him. Scary at the time but looking back it was also funny :hihi:

I am usually one for defending rotherham as I am from rotherham and I dont think its that bad im not saying its good but its not a ghetto either.

However im assuming this happened in wentworth by you saying i had a car chase round wentworth.

I would be an idiot to try and defend wentworth if im honest you got off lucky there if anything.

The initial contact was made at some pedestrian crossings on Wortley Road and I was followed all the way up to Thorpe Hesley. I still wasn't sure they were following because we were still on big roads and they could have been just going my way.

I got to Brook Hill and they pounced :hihi: I decided I would get them on to quieter roads around Wentworth and lose them with my more powerful car, it wasn't that easy though as they were quite willing to push their car a little bit further than mine on the back roads. I eventually lost them heading towards Hoyland Common in my faster car, but they were persistent, like likkle wee terriers :hihi:

Archived