Failing credit check when getting phone contract

hello i went through a bad patch and my credit history is bad and now I'm unable to get a mobile phone contract is there any other company that do phone contacts that cover people with a bad credit history

I'm now fully working and have money in the bank but still can't get a contract from any network providers

help would be appreciated

What I did was to get a Tmobile SIM ONLY contract online, 600 mins and unlimited texts for £15 a month. Got the SIM, with no check, as you don't get a phone, and I used it in my own phone.

Once I had the SIM for 3 months, I called Tmobile and told them I wanted to upgrade. As I already had a standing Direct debit with them, with payments made on time for 3 months, they gave me a Samsung Galaxy phone, with the unlimited texts and 600 minutes for £20 a month.

Try that :)

Credit ratings are a crock of crap.

I'm not sure they know what they're doing to be honest.

This is how silly it is...

A few years ago i applied for a mortgage, i mtook all the relevant documents in to the bank and they approved it without the blink of an eye.

The following day i was in Meadowhall shopping for shirts, i called in Burtons and they asked if i'd like a store card which would give me a 25% saving, so i said yes, as i could pay it off straight away and save myself a bit.

Guess what...i got declined! :hihi:

So i could buy a house on credit but not a shirt! :hihi:

It might have changed now tbh, but I know Tmobile didn't then, but that was 18 months ago now. Its your best bet anyway if you can't get a contract. All the other phone companies (carphone warehouse, dial a phone etc) direct your application to the network who still carry out their usual checks.

Just looking it up, it seems that for a SIM only it is a very basic credit check, just to check that you exist, check your address etc, rather than the in depth one if they are handing over an item of cost. With it only being a SIM that they can cut off at any time if you don't pay, its not high risk.

edit:

Advantages of a Pay monthly SIM only deal

It's cheaper than a standard Pay monthly contract

You'll almost always pay less for the same amount of inclusive minutes and texts, or you may get a greater allowance for your money.

It's a good plan to be on if your current contract has ended and you're not sure what to do next.

If you don't want to commit to a longer contract straight away or you want to wait for a certain handset to come available, SIM only is great.

Managing your money is hassle free

You can pay by direct debit and as long as you don't go over your monthly allowances, you'll always know exactly what you're paying.

Although there's a credit check, it has different criteria to a Pay monthly one

So this may be a good plan for you if you've previously failed credit checks or don't want to take one.

http://85.158.0.161/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B51df44f0-e8a8-11de-da00-000000000000%7D

http://giffgaff.com/index/offer

free sim £10 per month unlimited web/texts/250 mins

No credit checks.

Thats pay as you go though, isn't it?

I'm guessing (not certain but a guess) the OP would like a contract phone so they can get the latest iPhone or whatever with it :)

A SIM only then an upgrade after a few months (as the SIM is a rolling 30 day contract which you can cancel after a month and they don't want to lose you!) would be a better option to try first if thats what the OP wants from a contract. Failing that, then Giffgaff is a good PAYG option :D

i am after a phones yes either blackberry torch or iPhone 4 i mean I'm fully working and have money in the bank but credit is still not good enough even thought the debts I'm paying off is by direct debit and I've not missed a payment in a long time

Archived