Now Reopened -Waggon & Horses, Millhouses.

verona

New management will be in the Waggon and Horses going forward from next week, if all goes to Plan. Seems to me that several of the staff don't want to stay on and work for them though...

Hopefully the feeling will be mutual.

Good luck to them,think they have their work cut out though,the previous management did most things right they tried loads of different things quiz nights,turns on ect and the staff were always friendly in my experience.although an issue was they ran out of certain beers to often.

However when you have an established popular pub accross the road offering a bigger range of beers at much cheaper prices and cheap food you have your work cut out,classic pub co problem.

Unless they are spending a lot of money on it they will need to reduce the prices in order to get customers back imo.

Like I have already said. It needs completely gutting and startiing again.

You can't just close the doors for a few days than open them under new management and expect people to come flooding in.

I bet they are only temps anyway until they find someone brave enough to take it over.

New management will be in the Waggon and Horses going forward from next week, if all goes to Plan. Seems to me that several of the staff don't want to stay on and work for them though...

Apparently there's a banner outside proclaiming it reopens at 4pm this afternoon.

http://postcodegazette.com/news/9001904137/new-lease-of-life-for-waggon-and-horses%3F-AT-sheffield-waggon-and-horses/

Hopefully the feeling will be mutual.

As a worker at The Waggon and Horses when it shut I can tell you that our jobs were never offered. Pam who ran the pub before it shut down put so much love and hard work into it. The customers were always well looked after from the young kids with their free meals and coloring sheets to the more mature and sometimes infirm always being helped to their seats and provided with table service where needed. I for one will miss the old Waggon as it had a great team who always took care of each other and a good set of regulars.

It is such a pity that pub companies squeeze the life out of people trying to just make a living. The price of rent and beer from Spirit are ridiculous. Give it 10 years and all you will have is bloody Weatherspoons.

Though I am no longer behind the bar serving you and feel slightly bitter (sorry for the pun) about it I do still urge you to go in as pubs are a dying breed and need the support of the local community. I wish the new management of The Waggon and Horses good luck in the future and I will be up for a neb at some point. Sadly you are further away than The Broadfield (GREAT PUB!!!)

Right I will stop rambling on now, remember people support your local before they are all gone.

Much love.

ChilliPepper.

As a worker at The Waggon and Horses when it shut I can tell you that our jobs were never offered. Pam who ran the pub before it shut down put so much love and hard work into it. The customers were always well looked after from the young kids with their free meals and coloring sheets to the more mature and sometimes infirm always being helped to their seats and provided with table service where needed. I for one will miss the old Waggon as it had a great team who always took care of each other and a good set of regulars.

It is such a pity that pub companies squeeze the life out of people trying to just make a living. The price of rent and beer from Spirit are ridiculous. Give it 10 years and all you will have is bloody Weatherspoons.

Though I am no longer behind the bar serving you and feel slightly bitter (sorry for the pun) about it I do still urge you to go in as pubs are a dying breed and need the support of the local community. I wish the new management of The Waggon and Horses good luck in the future and I will be up for a neb at some point. Sadly you are further away than The Broadfield (GREAT PUB!!!)

Right I will stop rambling on now, remember people support your local before they are all gone.

Much love.

ChilliPepper.

sorry to hear about that but it doesn't surprise me to be honest. When pubs or companies are taken over the incoming often prefer to have a clean sweep and bring in their own. I know, it's happened to me a few times.

It's ok if staff don't want to stay and management don't want to offer - that's what I meant by my previous about it being "mutual". Quite often though, the staff do want to stay and it can be devastating for them to lose their jobs.

You make a good case for supporting your local btw - well said.

Much love.

ChilliPepper.

Sorry you lost your job agree the maagement and staff worked really hard to make it work.

Problem is and I accept that its not the pubs fault but you really have to have something special to charge nearly 40p a pint more than you pay accross the road and unless the new management reduce prices they will have their work cut out.

Archived