What did you think of Chao baby

Been to Chao baby at meadowhall and can't believe they can get away with those prices. The plates were tiny so had to go up to buffet several times. Strangely everyone in our party were full after a very small portion and felt full and bloated for the rest of the day. The food tasted ok but nothing special. Can get better on London road for half the price.

Anyone else been there? Are they packing everything with msg?

I think it's very pricey as well Emma - and I don't normally let price influence me because I always am prepared to pay for quality. However, with 2 kids being charged...(can't remember now tbh - but I know it was surprisingly expensive for them) it seemed a bit steep at the time.

I thought they offered a good range of food on the buffet tbh. I'm not sure what the sunday roast type joint was all about - maybe that's there to provide something for those who aren't keen on their Thai food - but overall I enjoyed it and thought it was good if not outstanding. But we haven't been back simply because it's a major outlay when you've got young kids who just can't do those prices justice.

In terms of quality - it's ok - middle of the road really. Nothing in this city that I've tried so far can compete with All Siam on Ecclesall Road. That's also extremely pricey too but worth it if you really do like top quality Thai food.

• 10 months later...

For the price you get 10 good quality dishes rather than 60 crap dishes that you get at most all you can eats.

Lonjdon ROad has very poor Thai places compaered to this place. Baan Thai on LOndon ROad is good but this Chaobaby is better for quality.

Perhaps you went on a bad day!

I tried it in January and thought it was good quakity for proce.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 14:43 ----------

There are no top quality that resurants in Sheffield they are all bog stabndard all siam is poor. Go to Manchester and Leeds for propre thai. Infact CHaoporaya sister company of chaobnaby serves hugh quality thai food. Some of you need your palettes testing!

For the price you get 10 good quality dishes rather than 60 crap dishes that you get at most all you can eats.

Lonjdon ROad has very poor Thai places compaered to this place. Baan Thai on LOndon ROad is good but this Chaobaby is better for quality.

Perhaps you went on a bad day!

I tried it in January and thought it was good quakity for proce.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 14:43 ----------

There are no top quality that resurants in Sheffield they are all bog stabndard all siam is poor. Go to Manchester and Leeds for propre thai. Infact CHaoporaya sister company of chaobnaby serves hugh quality thai food. Some of you need your palettes testing!

The best Thai meal I've ever had was from Chaoporaya in Manchester. Amazing food, amazing cocktails and such a beautifully decorated place.

Archived