Map containing lights near bus station

John

I vaguely remember this as I was quite young at the time but was there ever a map near the bus station where you pressed a button and it would light up on the map indicating where it was located?

I'm pretty sure it exists in 70s.

I vaguely remember this as I was quite young at the time but was there ever a map near the bus station where you pressed a button and it would light up on the map indicating where it was located?

I'm pretty sure it exists in 70s.

Yes there was such a map.

I remember it as well.You pressed a button and a "you are here" light lit up Think it was in Pond Street.There were other buttons that lit up lights for places like the town hall and main post office etc etc

I remember it as well.You pressed a button and a "you are here" light lit up Think it was in Pond Street.There were other buttons that lit up lights for places like the town hall and main post office etc etc

I seem to remember there were a couple of these maps, at least, but the main one was on the corner by the rear of the GPO, about 30 feet from the "Thruppeny Bit Kiosk" in Pond Street.

Wasn't there one at the bottom of the escalators that came down from the floor that Presto was on, into the bus station:?: near the Crucible Lottery kiosk..(where I worked for a time;))

Archived