Olympic torches on ebay

heard on the news this morning that the olympic torches were appearing on ebay before they've even been used , so checked it out - there's one going at £150,000!!

is this real, or are ebay punters showing their distaste by bidding without any intention to pay? - 150 grand!!

there's even a chancer who's got an ad with small print that says it's a picture of a torch and adds at the end 'please read carefully as you are obliged to pay...' (or words to that effect)

anyone know who's trotting around south yorks with a gold coloured metal stick (originally devised by the nazis), be interesting to see 'item location sheffield/doncaster' and try to match em up.

can't blame them myself - the olympics has become an obscene, corporate circus where 'coca cola' means 'healthy living' and capitalism reigns supreme over decency and fairness and people end up homeless cos grasping landlords want to profit by renting their homes out for thousands a week.

rant over.

I'll wait for the Chinese copies, I bet they're nearly as good & 99p plus postage.

Was going to say something similar, not sure how many torches have been made, but you can gauratee you'll see more on sale than have been officially made.

the mega dollar ebay listings seem to have disappeared suddenly - olympic candles are now a far more reasonable few grand - wonder why? have the olympic authorities cracked down on the easily identified money grabbers or were the ads a spoof?

I've just sold my fake one made of a cornetto wrapper sprayed gold to the next door neighbour for 15p - including cornetto which cost about 70p - so a loss there.

Look, Coe is charging the earth for anything connected with the O£ympics, (the money-grabbing ****), why shouldn't the plebs also make a fortune out of it?

Once you'be bought your over-priced fag lighter, it's got nowt to do with anyone what you do with it surely?

Mmmmm, Cornettos. I shall now sue myself, as Cornettos are not sponsors of the official Olympic rip-off-athon and may not be mentioned in the same breath as aforesaid much anticipated (or should that be over-hyped?) sporting event.

Archived