Greek restaurant

I'm going to have to try this place

I wouldn't suggest you eat anything during the day, and you wear something with an elastic waist.

The portions are HUGE, but just too darn tasty to stop eating even when you know you'll be rolling home. :thumbsup:

We went a couple of months ago, and it wasn't that good, not as good as last time I went, but they were very busy. The waiter got my OH's steak wrong - He asked for the peppercorn sauce steak and it came with the creamy white sauce. The waiter was extremely rude and shouted "NO, this is what you asked for, I have never got an order wrong and I have worked here for years, I heard what you said and that was it!" - OH thought best just to eat it and forget about it :hihi: Waiter apologised afterwards for being rude, which was nice.

It's obviously a sign of a good restaurant when the food isn't that good, they get the orders wrong and waiters apologise for being rude!

And you were impressed! :huh:

I've not eaten here actually and I'm not terribly inspired to given what different folks have said. I mean, I'm sure it's fine overall, but it's a pity Sheffield doesn't have a top class Greek restaurant eh?

It's obviously a sign of a good restaurant when the food isn't that good, they get the orders wrong and waiters apologise for being rude!

And you were impressed! :huh:

I've not eaten here actually and I'm not terribly inspired to given what different folks have said. I mean, I'm sure it's fine overall, but it's a pity Sheffield doesn't have a top class Greek restaurant eh?

I never said I was impressed, it was just nice of him to say afterwards that he was wrong and he was sorry :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Parthenonas tonight. The food was OK and there was lots of it, but the thing I noticed, and it's not just with this restaurant, is that the overwhelming taste of everything is....salt.

It was the same at The Milestone...everything is salty.

It really is a bugbear of mine. I use practically no salt at home so when I go out it is instantly noticeable how salty stuff is. Give it a rest please. Fresh herbs, vegetables and spices have enough flavour without the gratuitous addition of cheap table salt. I really think some peoples' palates have been deadened through years of over salted food.

Archived