Can i ask for an investigation and who?

hi

i just want a bit of advice really i applied for a new job at a different company. i sent them my Cv via email.they replied saying because of the high interested in the job they was going to keep it open a few more days (fair enough!) and that i would hear from them them room. i waited and heard nothing.( i have now got offered a new job somewhere else and better than this one) then out of blue i receive an email from then saying the position had been filled.

i want to know how can they fill it without contacting me i do understand they dont have to but in questioning if they even followed the law and interviewed people or just have someone already in the company the job. it all seems weird how i got the first email and then the next. i would understand if i was just generally accepted but i dont think i was at first as the email i received first didn't seem like that.so how can they just email to say it been filled

anyway who do i report this to if i can. i think the company are false advertising as they are not interviewing people out of the company. thanks

i know its hard to understand but i hope someone can

They might have gotten all the applications in, gave it a few extra days, got a few more in. Lets say 200.

Most companies only bother to contact successful applicants, and so they may have taken 100 of those 200 applications to interview, knowing after looking at the other half of the CVs, that these 100 were 'better' or more suited to the job than the others.

The email about the few more days may just have been a standard email sent to all applicants. I don't believe they are obliged to contact any applicants at all.

This doesn't make sense to me.

Are you complaining because, you applied for a job, they didn't want you..then they e-mailed you to tell you the position had been filled?

I'm not having a go I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about.

This doesn't make sense to me.

Are you complaining because, you applied for a job, they didn't want you..then they e-mailed you to tell you the position had been filled?

I'm not having a go I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about.

OP if I'm understanding, thinks the company haven't interviewed anyone for the position advertised, and gave it to someone who works there already, and would like an investigation. Of course, just because OP didn't have an interview, doesn't mean none took place.

OP if I'm understanding, thinks the company haven't interviewed anyone for the position advertised, and gave it to someone who works there already, and would like an investigation. Of course, just because OP didn't have an interview, doesn't mean none took place.

Ah right thanks for making it clear.

Sorry you didn't get the job OP but I guess it's up to them where they get their new employee, whether it's internal or external, and whether or not they decide to interview anyone else after finding the right person for the job.

Maaaaybe you could have a very tiny grievance if it was public sector but, I'd just take it on the chin to be honest I really think you have about as many legs to stand on as a man who's had both his legs amputated.

hi

i just want a bit of advice really i applied for a new job at a different company. i sent them my Cv via email.they replied saying because of the high interested in the job they was going to keep it open a few more days (fair enough!) and that i would hear from them them room. i waited and heard nothing.( i have now got offered a new job somewhere else and better than this one) then out of blue i receive an email from then saying the position had been filled.

i want to know how can they fill it without contacting me i do understand they dont have to but in questioning if they even followed the law and interviewed people or just have someone already in the company the job. it all seems weird how i got the first email and then the next. i would understand if i was just generally accepted but i dont think i was at first as the email i received first didn't seem like that.so how can they just email to say it been filled

anyway who do i report this to if i can. i think the company are false advertising as they are not interviewing people out of the company. thanks

i know its hard to understand but i hope someone can

Be thankfull you got a reply from them..most prospective employers don't even do that...

Be thankfull you got a reply from them..most prospective employers don't even do that...

Personally, I think it should be law for prospective employers to at least acknowledge receipt of all applications.

Over the years, I've applied for many jobs where they don't even bother to send a thanks but no thanks letter. I've been for interviews, where I had been convinced that the job was mine, only to wait and wait and wait, and hear nothing whatsoever.

Archived