Can i ask for an investigation and who?

Personally, I think it should be law for prospective employers to at least acknowledge receipt of all applications.

Over the years, I've applied for many jobs where they don't even bother to send a thanks but no thanks letter. I've been for interviews, where I had been convinced that the job was mine, only to wait and wait and wait, and hear nothing whatsoever.

Not so sure about it being a law but it shouldn't be to difficult to install an auto reply as far as email applications go.

If the application was as poorly punctuated and incoherent as the original post, I'm not surprised in the least that it was unsuccessful.

OUCH! That's a bit harsh! I presume her CV was spell checked and maybe looked over by someone else. We can't all be literary geniouses.

I was hoping you'd see the funny side, sadly my reluctance to attach a smiley backfired. Never mind, no real harm done, i'm not offended by your reply :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hhahaha...Funnily enough I thought it didn't look right when I wrote it, but hey-ho. You got the gist anyway! :hihi:

Personally, I think it should be law for prospective employers to at least acknowledge receipt of all applications.

Why? They might get thousands, the cost of replying to them all in both time and postage (assuming no email address is given) would be huge!

Over the years, I've applied for many jobs where they don't even bother to send a thanks but no thanks letter. I've been for interviews, where I had been convinced that the job was mine, only to wait and wait and wait, and hear nothing whatsoever.

Not letting you know after an interview is different though, it's common courtesy to give the person a call and tell them they didn't get the job.

Regarding the OP, have you actually got any evidence that they didn't interview anyone? The fact that they didn't interview you doesn't really tell you anything.

An application for a job does not guarantee an interview. IIRC a company is not legally required to interview all applicants, they can discard a job app just because they don#t like the paper it's printed on if they wish.

Why? They might get thousands, the cost of replying to them all in both time and postage (assuming no email address is given) would be huge!

Not letting you know after an interview is different though, it's common courtesy to give the person a call and tell them they didn't get the job.

Regarding the OP, have you actually got any evidence that they didn't interview anyone? The fact that they didn't interview you doesn't really tell you anything.

I agree it is a bit of a ball-ache to reply to all applicants, but talking of the money. Is it not true that all the applicants have invested time effort and money (assuming post is used) in submitting their applications. Collectively, that's also a considerable sum of money. Only to be ignored.

Some employers in their advert state "if you do not receive a reply, please accept our apologies and consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion"...or words to that effect. Which is the least they could do.

You're right, not letting someone know after attending interview is utterly unforgivable.

I agree it is a bit of a ball-ache to reply to all applicants, but talking of the money. Is it not true that all the applicants have invested time effort and money (assuming post is used) in submitting their applications. Collectively, that's also a considerable sum of money. Only to be ignored.

They aren't obliged to apply for the job, the employer isn't obliged to reply.

Some employers in their advert state "if you do not receive a reply, please accept our apologies and consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion"...or words to that effect. Which is the least they could do.

Yes, it costs nothing to include this statement and at least sets the expectation that no reply means no.

Archived