Can i ask for an investigation and who?

Fair enough, attach some notional value to it if you like. It's still reasonable to expect some effort to be attached to a job application and unreasonable to expect a company to reply to all applications.

I do accept that when a company gets inundated with applications, it must be a nightmare to respond to them all.

But having once been in the position of applying for jobs, and getting no response at all it is soul destroying, and very depressing. It leads to a feeling of worthlessness and isolation.

I just feel that your assertion that because they've had too many applications, that all of those applications and time spent doing them count for nothing. Are people 'that' inconsequential?

I suppose for an employer these days, the answer is very much yes. A disposable commodity.

What has it actually cost someone in pounds and pence to apply for a job?

At is lowest level. The price of a stamp! That's assuming there is no value attached to any other effort however expended.

Do you value your time? Just in replying to this post, there's another 20 seconds of your life that you will never get back!!! :hihi::hihi:

I wonder, if you walked down the street and someone asked you for directions to somewhere. You didn't know where this place was.

Because you don't know, do you just 'blank' them as though they don't exist and walk on? It's just the same getting no response from a job application. It's called common courtesy. It's not an applicants fault that the company has had hundereds of applicants. How would the applicant ever know that!

At is lowest level. The price of a stamp! That's assuming there is no value attached to any other effort however expended.

Do you value your time? Just in replying to this post, there's another 20 seconds of your life that you will never get back!!! :hihi::hihi:

I do value my time nevertheless I'll reply :) It's a choice you have to make..is it worth investing a bit of time into an application that may make life better for you..? Only the applicant can make that decision...back to the original topic..it shouldn't be too much hassle for a company to reply to emailed applications..as for postal ones well maybe if the applicant enclosed a SAE then the company may well reply...

I do value my time nevertheless I'll reply :) It's a choice you have to make..is it worth investing a bit of time into an application that may make life better for you..? Only the applicant can make that decision...back to the original topic..it shouldn't be too much hassle for a company to reply to emailed applications..as for postal ones well maybe if the applicant enclosed a SAE then the company may well reply...

Ok, I think we may agree upon that notion. Emailed applications are easy to repond to, and all in one go. Postal applications, I agree. Send a SAE. But I suspect even if you used a SAE, you wouldn't get a reply. It's a nice idea though. :cool:

I do accept that when a company gets inundated with applications, it must be a nightmare to respond to them all.

But having once been in the position of applying for jobs, and getting no response at all it is soul destroying, and very depressing. It leads to a feeling of worthlessness and isolation.

I just feel that your assertion that because they've had too many applications, that all of those applications and time spent doing them count for nothing. Are people 'that' inconsequential?

I suppose for an employer these days, the answer is very much yes. A disposable commodity.

If an application has been deemed to not be worth taking any further then yes, they're worth nothing to that company, to spend time and money on them beyond that point would be foolish behaviour really, companies exist to make money, you don't do that by writing to people you've already decided not to even interview.

I wonder, if you walked down the street and someone asked you for directions to somewhere. You didn't know where this place was.

Because you don't know, do you just 'blank' them as though they don't exist and walk on? It's just the same getting no response from a job application. It's called common courtesy. It's not an applicants fault that the company has had hundereds of applicants. How would the applicant ever know that!

It's more like asking a crows a question and having 100 people shout the wrong answer at you. Do you then spend the next hour thanking them all for trying?

It's more like asking a crows a question and having 100 people shout the wrong answer at you. Do you then spend the next hour thanking them all for trying?

I presume you mean a crowd. Yes you could thank them all. Cos you would only need to say it once!

Archived