Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

I noticed on the 'how often do you clean your bedsheets' thread that a few people allow their pets to sleep with them.

I can understand OAPs who are on their own allowing it for company,but i personally find it strange and unhygienic.

What do you think?

I noticed on the 'how often do you clean your bedsheets' thread that a few people allow their pets to sleep with them.

I can understand OAPs who are on their own allowing it for company,but i personally find it strange and unhygienic.

What do you think?

I think it's up to the individual,as to whether they let their pet(s) on their beds.

I don't allow my dog on the furniture or upstairs.

Don't get me wrong, my dog is a much loved family pet and a damned good home protection dog and is sometimes spoiled rotten but I do not want dog hairs in my bed or my sofa scratched with his nails.

I don't see a difference in letting a dog or cat on your sofa and letting it on your bed.

If somebody doesn't mind the first, but does mind the latter, please tell me why.

I would not have a dog on my sofa nor my bed.

It's the hairs that would be my problem.

And the fact they sniff around in the grass where the crap is.

I used to have an Akita and the hairs all over was horrendous.

I also had a Yorkie,so i aint no dog-hater.

Ok...What about letting your pet sleep under the duvet?

Anyone allow that?

I would let a dog anywhere, I do let my cat anywhere. Except like where you prepare food in the kitchen.

You can't...have a pet and be militant about 'hygiene', they can't coexist.

Whether you let it on the bed or the sofa or not...it's gonna go on them when you're not there, or it's gonna climb on your tables or counters, it's gonna poke it's dirty nose somewhere that you will also touch...that's just what happens when you have a cat or a dog.

To be honest if you don't let a cat on your sofa you might as well just not have a cat if you can't stroke it when you're having a sit down.

I mean I can....only just about understand it with a dog but, to be honest if you're going to let any animal live in your house who can't clean itself properly (all animals) then regardless to whether or not you allow it on your bed, you're gonna get germs on your stuff.

But germs live on all your stuff anyway regardless of whether you have a pet so what's the difference.

I let my dogs sleep wherever they want and that is invariably on the bed.Luckily they don`t shed hair though.

I also don`t mind them licking the plates after a meal if i have left something.

They wake me every morning by licking my face for a walk so i have not needed an alarm clock for 4 years.

Not been ill for 4 years either!!!

Archived