Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

You do realise, that our own mouths are less hygenic than a dogs...

There has been tests done where they got dogs and people to lick petre dishes, and left the bacteria to grow and colonise, then studied them..

the dogs came out much more hygenic than us, with cats sat in the middle and us being the worst...

Yes i do know that.

I also know that most human ailments originate from animals.

A cat bite can kill also.

I noticed on the 'how often do you clean your bedsheets' thread that a few people allow their pets to sleep with them.

I can understand OAPs who are on their own allowing it for company,but i personally find it strange and unhygienic.

What do you think?

Yes I agree although there are times when I can't keep Tiger out:cool:

I find the notion of sharing one's bed with cats and dogs really rather repellent.

As a teenager in the first flush of a physical relationship I once shared my bed with my then girlfriend and a cat. I won't do so again...

I take it that you couldn't manage two pussies then.:D

many a dog had been in my bed also

but i did used to let my mini yorkie sleep with me, she was a tiny lil thing anyway

not sure id let a great dane in bed with me as they fart more than men i bet

You really don't wanna know what yorkie terriers are also called in sheffield.

Generally, dogs don't jump on beds and chairs unless they've been encouraged to do so when a pup. Whilst an owner is entitled to let their dog on there own furniture, it (and the owner) are unlikely to be popular when it attempts this in someone else's home, as it doesn't know the difference.

My dog will sleep on the bed if I'm not in it, usually whilst I'm on the computer, but she'll not lay on the sheets, she waits for me to sort the duvet out before she jumps up.

If I'm in the bed then she stays on the floor (of her own accord).

If I'm looking after my sister's cat (occasionally) then he'll pretty much do the same, except he sleeps on my desk chair when I'm in bed, though he'll wake me up by sitting on my chest and tapping my nose in the morning.

Archived