Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

I would let a dog anywhere, I do let my cat anywhere. Except like where you prepare food in the kitchen.

You can't...have a pet and be militant about 'hygiene', they can't coexist.

Whether you let it on the bed or the sofa or not...it's gonna go on them when you're not there, or it's gonna climb on your tables or counters, it's gonna poke it's dirty nose somewhere that you will also touch...that's just what happens when you have a cat or a dog.

To be honest if you don't let a cat on your sofa you might as well just not have a cat if you can't stroke it when you're having a sit down.

I mean I can....only just about understand it with a dog but, to be honest if you're going to let any animal live in your house who can't clean itself properly (all animals) then regardless to whether or not you allow it on your bed, you're gonna get germs on your stuff.

But germs live on all your stuff anyway regardless of whether you have a pet so what's the difference.

I agree cats can't be controlled,and so climbing up on the sofa is going to happen.

When i had my dog its basket was besides the back door,and that's where it stayed.In the morning i would put it outside in it's kennel where it would stay until i was back from work.

It was never allowed in the living room,and dining area.There's nowt worse than a dog sat watching you eat.

I let my dogs sleep wherever they want and that is invariably on the bed.Luckily they don`t shed hair though.

I also don`t mind them licking the plates after a meal if i have left something.

They wake me every morning by licking my face for a walk so i have not needed an alarm clock for 4 years.

Not been ill for 4 years either!!!

I'm sorry but letting a dog lick your plate is disgusting!

I let my dogs sleep wherever they want and that is invariably on the bed.Luckily they don`t shed hair though.

I also don`t mind them licking the plates after a meal if i have left something.

They wake me every morning by licking my face for a walk so i have not needed an alarm clock for 4 years.

I agree, I've wondered why people have a problem with this.

This is only an issue if you weren't going to wash the plate properly before your next meal.

If you have a problem with this but you use 'any' fork to rake out your dog food then you're a moron and a hypocrite.

If you don't wash your dishes I can see why this would be an issue

But if you do wash your plates, why is it a problem?

I'm not having a go or anything I'm just curious to know the reasoning behind your logic, as I said, unless you don't wash your plates.

I agree, I've wondered why people have a problem with this.

This is only an issue if you weren't going to wash the plate properly before your next meal.

If you have a problem with this but you use 'any' fork to rake out your dog food then you're a moron and a hypocrite.

It would be an issue for me if i saw a dog licking off a plate i use.

If you don't wash your dishes I can see why this would be an issue

But if you do wash your plates, why is it a problem?

It's the thought of it.

If someone crapped in my sarnie box,i would throw it away,not clean and use it again.

Why is it? They get washed after.I`m sure you have put a fresh chicken or raw meat on a plate before.Why is it any less hygienic than that when they are washed afterwards.

Do you eat food from the dogs bowl?

Archived