Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

Why is it? They get washed after.I`m sure you have put a fresh chicken or raw meat on a plate before.Why is it any less hygienic than that when they are washed afterwards.

Parasites,germs and diseases.

That's why animals should have their own feeding bowls.

If i did i would probably be better fed.I feed them 2 fresh whole chickens a week,lamb chops,half a beef joint,mince and some dog biscuits.

I think this is immoral to feed your dog this kind of thing when there are kids starving in the world.

Yeah but it's not crap, it's a dog that lives with you and rubs its sweating wet nose on everything.

Aye!

But my dog used to have a good sniff round other dogs arses on walks.

And a good forage in the grass where poo is oozing with bacteria.

And don't forget dogs fur gets a bit sticky round the butt,and that gets taken home and deposited all over.

This thread is about animals in your bed,and whether or not people think it's ok or not.

My dog is currently banished totally, to the dining room, as she stinks. Farting like mad. She sleeps in a suitcase that she adopted as her bed when I came back off holiday and left it in the dining room, open, full of clothes that needed washing. She got shouted at for daring to sit on my clothes, but I let her keep the case since she kept getting in it - I wouldn't want to put my clothes in it again.

She has gotten upstairs to sleep in my bed once or twice the crafty sod, I had to fix the stairgate so it locked PROPERLY not just so it was child safe (it had come a little lose and the clip didn't click properly into place. Kids couldn't open it, but the dog could :suspect: She chewed the bottom of the stairs carpet in protest and paces up and down crying, so now she gets locked in the dining room and kitchen at night, not even access to the stair bottom. Shes lucky I don't just zip her case up :hihi:

If i did i would probably be better fed.I feed them 2 fresh whole chickens a week,lamb chops,half a beef joint,mince and some dog biscuits.

God!

Better fed than me too.

Saying that...my Akita's food all came from the butchers.

The dog is allowed on neither furniture nor bed (at any time). The cats are allowed on both, but they sleep in their own room at night so we don't share the bed with them, but we frequently have 2 or 3 of them on our bed in a big heap during the day. I do make sure that they are fully treated with flea treatment, wormed up to date and free of passengers like ear mites and ringworm though.

Neither cats nor dog are allowed in the kitchen and neither are allowed to beg for food, eat off our plates or drink from our cups or glasses either. I know that there's really no difference once the dishwasher has cleaned the pattern off the plates, but I think it's better to encourage the understanding that they don't have the right to jump up and nick food every time I look up from my dinner.

I was sitting next to the parrot cage having a drink of pineapple juice yesterday. In fact, I hadn't drunk any, and the parrot started to beg. I held the glass up and let him have a drink, then I just felt sick, poured it away and scrubbed the glass - OH may feed him out of his mouth, but I can't even bear the thought of it :hihi:

I think this is immoral to feed your dog this kind of thing when there are kids starving in the world.

My dog lives on raw meat, but it's all the meat that humans see fit to reject from the human food chain, despite it being fit for human consumption and purchased from a wholesale butcher.

You can think it's immoral if you wish, but I'm pretty sure that the starving children wouldn't be too keen on receiving just the skin and the carcasses from the chickens. Even the fish jerky we buy her is made from the skins that we don't eat. She can't eat standard prepared dog food as it makes her ill, so she lives on a completely raw diet of meat, bones, vegetables and eggs instead.

Archived