Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

I was sitting next to the parrot cage having a drink of pineapple juice yesterday. In fact, I hadn't drunk any, and the parrot started to beg. I held the glass up and let him have a drink, then I just felt sick, poured it away and scrubbed the glass - OH may feed him out of his mouth, but I can't even bear the thought of it :hihi:

I've got one word for you to shout at your OH when he's doing this- psittacosis. Parrots carry things that can make humans rather ill.

I was sitting next to the parrot cage having a drink of pineapple juice yesterday. In fact, I hadn't drunk any, and the parrot started to beg. I held the glass up and let him have a drink, then I just felt sick, poured it away and scrubbed the glass - OH may feed him out of his mouth, but I can't even bear the thought of it :hihi:

Leah this isn`t your parrot is it?

I've got one word for you to shout at your OH when he's doing this- psittacosis. Parrots carry things that can make humans rather ill.

I know but he treats him like a baby and doesn't care :loopy:

Hes very attached to my OH and doesn't really like to eat in any other way, he thinks hes his mother I think :lol:

My dog lives on raw meat, but it's all the meat that humans see fit to reject from the human food chain, despite it being fit for human consumption and purchased from a wholesale butcher.

You can think it's immoral if you wish, but I'm pretty sure that the starving children wouldn't be too keen on receiving just the skin and the carcasses from the chickens. Even the fish jerky we buy her is made from the skins that we don't eat. She can't eat standard prepared dog food as it makes her ill, so she lives on a completely raw diet of meat, bones, vegetables and eggs instead.

And that's the best type of fodder to feed your pets.

A lot of pet food is bulked up with crap.

If my dog got in my bed she would end up pushing me out of bed anyway, never mind anything else. She would probably get up for a wee and do it at the bottom of the bed as well, not to mention the hair and smell. I have a slight allergy to some dogs (and all cats) and I think if I slept with her, and touched her for a prolonged period of time, plus the hairs left in the bed, I would start to react, which is my main reasoning for not allowing it.

Archived