Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

If my dog got in my bed she would end up pushing me out of bed anyway, never mind anything else. She would probably get up for a wee and do it at the bottom of the bed as well, not to mention the hair and smell. I have a slight allergy to some dogs (and all cats) and I think if I slept with her, and touched her for a prolonged period of time, plus the hairs left in the bed, I would start to react, which is my main reasoning for not allowing it.

It`s a fallacy when people think they are allergic to the hair.It`s the dander(dead skin cells like dandruff) that most people are allergic to.They get everywhere,even places the pet has never set foot.

"One of the major causes of allergic reactions to dogs and cats is not the hair or fur, but what's under it: dander or old skin scales (similar to, only much smaller than dandruff on the human scalp) which are constantly shed into the environment. These allergens are extremely tiny, like microns of dust or powder, that allergy sufferers seldom, if ever, know are circulating in the air, clinging to furniture, draperies and wall coverings. If a dog or cat has been in the family for a long time, its dander will have permeated the entire house."

The excerpt above came from National Allergy.

It`s a fallacy when people think they are allergic to the hair.It`s the dander(dead skin cells like dandruff) that most people are allergic to.They get everywhere,even places the pet has never set foot.

"One of the major causes of allergic reactions to dogs and cats is not the hair or fur, but what's under it: dander or old skin scales (similar to, only much smaller than dandruff on the human scalp) which are constantly shed into the environment. These allergens are extremely tiny, like microns of dust or powder, that allergy sufferers seldom, if ever, know are circulating in the air, clinging to furniture, draperies and wall coverings. If a dog or cat has been in the family for a long time, its dander will have permeated the entire house."

The excerpt above came from National Allergy.

I know all that, but then her being in bed with me would surely bring me into contact with a lot more of the skin cells than there are anywhere else in the house? Unless I sit in her suitcase, of course. And laying with excess hairs in my bed, and she does like to get under the duvet, the hairs have bits of skin attached to them too.

I'm lucky my allergy is quite mild with her, I just get itchy lips and a neck, and thats when I've hardly been near her, I wouldn't want to risk making it any worse, especially as with cats, the allergy extends to being unable to breathe, and getting bubbles on my eyeballs :gag:

I know all that, but then her being in bed with me would surely bring me into contact with a lot more of the skin cells than there are anywhere else in the house? Unless I sit in her suitcase, of course. And laying with excess hairs in my bed, and she does like to get under the duvet, the hairs have bits of skin attached to them too.

I'm lucky my allergy is quite mild with her, I just get itchy lips and a neck, and thats when I've hardly been near her, I wouldn't want to risk making it any worse, especially as with cats, the allergy extends to being unable to breathe, and getting bubbles on my eyeballs :gag:

Heehee!

Bubbles on ya eyeballs...:hihi:

Sorry,but that tickled me.

Heehee!

Bubbles on ya eyeballs...:hihi:

Sorry,but that tickled me.

The council put me in a hostel when I was 17 and homeless, and it was just a bit house at Carterknowle. They used to let this stray cat in and the women used to feed it and stroke it. I requested that they stopped doing it, as it was making me REALLY ill, and even when I had blisters on my bloody eyeballs and couldn't speak, they still let it in :(

I think it's up to the individual,as to whether they let their pet(s) on their beds.

:confused:

Of course it is. No one was suggesting otherwise and no one was suggesting that it should be something decided by anyone else.

It's just a bit weird.

The council put me in a hostel when I was 17 and homeless, and it was just a bit house at Carterknowle. They used to let this stray cat in and the women used to feed it and stroke it. I requested that they stopped doing it, as it was making me REALLY ill, and even when I had blisters on my bloody eyeballs and couldn't speak, they still let it in :(

Aaah!

You poor wee thing.:cry::cry::cry:

Am going to bed now with tissues.

Archived