Do you allow dogs/cats in your bed?

My dog sits on the sofa with us and is allowed to sleep on our bed. She has her own bed which she sleeps in during the night. But every morning when my boyfriend leaves for work, she comes and joins me. There's nothing nicer than a snuggle from the dog every morning. I love it!!

The sheets get washed regularly and the sofa gets hoovered regularly too. I don't see the problem.

She doesn't eat from our plates but thats only because she has allergies and has to have special food. Otherwise i'd let her. As long as the plate gets washed afterwards, it's fine in my opinion!!

But god forbid if any child should try and go near my sofa with their grubby little hands!! Thats definately NOT allowed in my house!!!

Uunless you are also going to be sleeping in the bed, or someone is forcing you to have their animal in your bed with you, I don't suppose it's anyone else's business whether someone chooses to have their pet in/on/ under their bed, is it?

My bed, my bedroom, my pets... MY choice. Your bed, your bedroom, your choice.

Opinions help in a forum discussion!

My dog sits on the sofa with us and is allowed to sleep on our bed. She has her own bed which she sleeps in during the night. But every morning when my boyfriend leaves for work, she comes and joins me. There's nothing nicer than a snuggle from the dog every morning. I love it!!

The sheets get washed regularly and the sofa gets hoovered regularly too. I don't see the problem.

She doesn't eat from our plates but thats only because she has allergies and has to have special food. Otherwise i'd let her. As long as the plate gets washed afterwards, it's fine in my opinion!!

But god forbid if any child should try and go near my sofa with their grubby little hands!! Thats definately NOT allowed in my house!!!

Can I suggest you need a new boyfriend? Or maybe he needs a new girlfriend!

Can I suggest you need a new boyfriend? Or maybe he needs a new girlfriend!

Thank you for your suggestion, but I assure you that my boyfriend and myself are both very happy with our situation! :)

I have a snuggle with the boyfriend before he leaves for work and then it's the dogs turn! Best of both worlds!!

Our dog Gizmo (Shih Tzu) sleeps where ever he wants, the place gets cleaned & things get washed & ironed.

As has been said some people love it, some find it repellant, it's down to personal choice at the end of the day. People who are not animal, or even just dog lovers can never understand, they are part of the family remember the old adage a dog is for life, surely you know the rest.

I have my lovely cat Theodor and I love him to pieces, he is allowed to sit on the sofa and chair or on our lap in the evening, nothing nicer than when he curls up in my lap purring away.

However he is not allowed on the bed. We keep the bedroom doors closed during the day and he has a basket on the landing he can use then. At night he is kept in the kitchen, he has another basket under the table, I keep him in there as I can't sleep with the bedroom door closed and I know he would sneak in. The first thing I do each morning is wipe every surface in the kitchen with an anti-bacterial spray in case he has been on them in the night.

We sometimes give him left over meat or fish but never from our plates we scrape it into his dish, and yes we do have a seperate fork for his food.

Archived