I thought lots of people needed work?

How is it to be paid for if,as your post above says,we should be able to take all our earnings home..doesn't that preclude any public services?

Last time I checked personal income tax made up about 30% of total tax revenue. There are many options that would replace that (assuming we still want to keep government as big and expensive as it currently is... do we really?)

We have a banking system that privatises profit from money creation. We have bailed out banks that should have failed and liquidised - much of this bailout money could have gone into buying up assets and/or capitalising mutual public banks based on successful models such as the Bank of North Dakota and other credit union style models. Revenue from loans would be directed into a public trust and used to fund, among other things, public services.

We can increase tax on non essential items and especially those which cause the most damage to society and the environment. If excessive consumption and sustainability is genuinely a problem then we're going to have to tackle it sooner or later, aren't we?

There are all manner of non-personal taxes we can review, such as property/land (specifically idle property/land), corporation taxes etc.

Whatever law is stopping someone from taking home the full fruits of their labour is both unjust and unnecessary IMHO.

So you disagree with paying tax completely and think that justifies tax fraud... I assume you do make use of public services?

So you disagree with paying tax completely and think that justifies tax fraud...

No. That would be silly.

I assume you do make use of public services?

Yes. I don't see how that is linked to specifically opposing the personal income tax.

I love my work.

I enjoy it so much ill do it for free. No payments needed.

This society is trying to not allow people to become free and independant from money.

if there were 1000 people that really enjoyed their job and get together they could do that without money. Untill a unhappy miserable selfish competitive person takes charge, creating a system of you work for me so I can use you to take the fruits of your labour for myself.

No. That would be silly.

Yes. I don't see how that is linked to specifically opposing the personal income tax.

If it results in you avoiding paying it whilst everyone else is paying it then it's a problem.

I love my work.

I enjoy it so much ill do it for free. No payments needed.

This society is trying to not allow people to become free and independant from money.

if there were 1000 people that really enjoyed their job and get together they could do that without money. Untill a unhappy miserable selfish competitive person takes charge, creating a system of you work for me so I can use you to take the fruits of your labour for myself.

How would a thousand people that enjoy their jobs feed themselves without money to buy food? Or are you hoping that they all enjoy doing something different and they can barter for each other produce.

If it results in you avoiding paying it whilst everyone else is paying it then it's a problem.

Surely the real problem is when people struggle to pay the bills because a significant portion of their income has been forcefully stolen, most likely to help service a debt caused by a poorly organised/regulated monetary system.

I mean, steps are only just being made to take the lowest paid out of tax. That, to me, sums up how backwards this country still is with regards to certain aspects of social justice.

Archived