I thought lots of people needed work?

Unfortunately all those answers also happen to match up quite closely with being employed...

Hey, it's not my definition, take it up with HMRC if you don't like it.

I don't need to; it’s your interpretation of the HMRC information which is incorrect.

In all my years of work I have never come across anyone who’s contract of employment is to dig one hole in the bosses garden, for a one off annual salary of £50, but I have come across plenty of self employed people, myself included that would do a one off job for £50.

I think £50 for a days work is fair enough.

However the OP seemed to be making a point about people who were out of work being too lazy to get off their backsides.

I would have thought that if he wanted to take the moral high ground, he would be better off using a reputable landscape gardener who actually does employ people and pays their fair share of taxes.

I think £50 for a days work is fair enough.

However the OP seemed to be making a point about people who were out of work being too lazy to get off their backsides.

I would have thought that if he wanted to take the moral high ground, he would be better off using a reputable landscape gardener who actually does employ people and pays their fair share of taxes.

Fair point

But as my job is simply a labouring job with no need for any form of planning then i wouldnt want to pay over the odds.

Plus you would have to question how he would do the job, he certainly wouldnt do it by hand and most likely charge a fortune for using a mini digger.

No less than £12.50 minimum. And regarding competition that should be an equal minimum for everybody.

With current cost and prices in this country the current legal minimum wage is pure slavery just enough to not die of hunger. Have a ****ty place to live, cannot afford heating and other luxeries that most people consider normal.

I have no respect for a society that uses and abuses people to work hard for so little they have just enough to not die of hunger after other basic expenses.

Someone on minimum wage cannot even afford a normal return train ticket to londen after basic expenses.

No wonder people break into your house to steal your television.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ok that really is funny but I will play your little game.

So in your world the minimum wage for someone working full timewould be around £24,400 a year. That would be for low skilled workers.

So what exactly do you think would happen to everyone else's wages?

If your cleaner was getting that what would a supervisor, manager, senior manager, director, chief execuitve want to receive.

Hmmmm...... I wonder how that in turn would effect the price of goods and services?

DO YOU GET IT NOW :loopy:

Fair point

But as my job is simply a labouring job with no need for any form of planning then i wouldnt want to pay over the odds.

Plus you would have to question how he would do the job, he certainly wouldnt do it by hand and most likely charge a fortune for using a mini digger.

I think for a young lad who's in school/college and not claiming benefits £50 is perfectly fair for a straighforward days labouring job. However the onus is on you if you pay cash in hand to ensure the person you employ isn't claiming benefits or you are facilitating benefit fraud.

I think for a young lad who's in school/college and not claiming benefits £50 is perfectly fair for a straighforward days labouring job. However the onus is on you if you pay cash in hand to ensure the person you employ isn't claiming benefits or you are facilitating benefit fraud.

If he gives the work to an illegal immigrant.Does he run the risk of a £10,000 fine?

Archived