I thought lots of people needed work?

Minimum wage is a modern form of legal slavery. People work for a minimum while others get rich picking the fruits of the legal slaves labour.

Nobody questions this because it has always been like this, slavery is much older than the bible.

Even now in modern times we brag about development while we keep living like nomads that use slaves to work for us.

The bankers paid large bonuses are not aware of the proportions between their bonuses and minimum wages. They do not see or understand the relation anylonger.

It is impossible for them to understand the real meaning of it, they have never experienced it.

It will never happen but if one of these highly paid people were to work in a supermarket for minimum wage for one year.

They would see the extreme difference with their own eyes, with a real experience. Then they might give their staff a large wage increase instead of taking another milion just for themselfes.

In a modern wel developed society slavery is not realy needed anylonger. But society is so used to it, it is scared to move on and leave prehistoric behaviour behind. Slavery is not much different from jews in second world war but slavery is only accepted because we are so used to it.

Sleepwalkers, we start to repeat old paterns out of habit and keep on repeating the same mistakes. Nobody has the courage to question this constant automatic repetition because what if people would be realy happy with a good income?

People do want to work but don't want to be slaves for the minimum anymore, it is insulting, extortion, out of date.

I have in my teens worked for minimum. I was happy because I had so many girlfriends and other things to be happy with.

After that I have always had a reasonable income and good fulfilling life.

Minimum wage is only just enough to survive, some rent, cheap clothes.

Not to die and live naked on the street but a basic holiday, laptop, reasonable television, smartphone is not affordable after basic expenses.

A person on minimum wage wil consider riding a bicycle to work to save the busfare. When you get to that level of financing that even busfare is considered a large expense. You have moved into the gutters where people with a job have lost the freedom to leave their cage they are locked into.

It is better to not work and let the toppers know you cannot be bothered to be a slave anylonger.

Minimum wage is a modern form of legal slavery. People work for a minimum while others get rich picking the fruits of the legal slaves labour.

Nobody questions this because it has always been like this, slavery is much older than the bible.

Even now in modern times we brag about development while we keep living like nomads that use slaves to work for us.

The bankers paid large bonuses are not aware of the proportions between their bonuses and minimum wages. They do not see or understand the relation anylonger.

It is impossible for them to understand the real meaning of it, they have never experienced it.

It will never happen but if one of these highly paid people were to work in a supermarket for minimum wage for one year.

They would see the extreme difference with their own eyes, with a real experience. Then they might give their staff a large wage increase instead of taking another milion just for themselfes.

In a modern wel developed society slavery is not realy needed anylonger. But society is so used to it, it is scared to move on and leave prehistoric behaviour behind. Slavery is not much different from jews in second world war but slavery is only accepted because we are so used to it.

Sleepwalkers, we start to repeat old paterns out of habit and keep on repeating the same mistakes. Nobody has the courage to question this constant automatic repetition because what if people would be realy happy with a good income?

People do want to work but don't want to be slaves for the minimum anymore, it is insulting, extortion, out of date.

I have in my teens worked for minimum. I was happy because I had so many girlfriends and other things to be happy with.

Not to die and live naked on the street but a basic holiday, laptop, reasonable television, smartphone is not affordable after basic expenses.

A person on minimum wage wil consider riding a bicycle to work to save the busfare. When you get to that level of financing that even busfare is considered a large expense. You have moved into the gutters where people with a job have lost the freedom to leave their cage they are locked into.

It is better to not work and let the toppers know you cannot be bothered to be a slave anylonger.

Oh boy, you're in for a slappin now.

Come and slap me. It wil not change me, you can try but there is little you can do to force me to support a system based on seperated classes.

I have left these barbarian social habits behind and live a total life where it does not matter anylonger.

I totallt agree with you. It's a way of keeping the poor, poor and the rich even richer. My advice is the same as yours.

I am confused

I was under the impression that lots of people were out of work and looking

Ive offered a bit of work, just manual , £50 for a full day

And have i had many replies?, no hardly any!

People are just to bone idle

There are LOTS of people out of work.

But!

How many are actually LOOKING for work?

Not many I don't think

With regards the minimum wage, the bottom line is that the minimum wage is not too low, the problem is that benefit payments are too high.

When the benefits cap was reduced to 26k per year (35k after tax or £673.08 a week, or £19.23 an hour - based on a 35 hour week) the liberal left are up in arms.

Yet the same people do not peep when we allow productive people in our society to be left in absolute poverty, I would defy anyone to live on the minimum wage and be able to pay the rent and all the other essentials.

You could not expect an employer to increase his hourly rate to £12 an hour as it would put the company out of business. You have to look at the amount of benefits being paid

So you are wanting people to break the law for a bit of cash in hand work.Why would someone want to work for you, as you are breaking the law too.

Yes but it's a stupid law made by short sighted people and deserves to be disrespected and broken.

You could not expect an employer to increase his hourly rate to £12 an hour as it would put the company out of business. You have to look at the amount of benefits being paid

Spot on.

Employers aren't going to engage in such charity - i.e. employ someone at a rate of which they don't consider their skills to be worthy. Ultimately that means if a teenager, say, wants to learn skills on the job but the employer does not deem him worth the minimum wage rate he will not employ him - who has truly lost out there? Obviously the teenager.

Friedman famously called minimum wage "one of the most anti-***** laws on the books" because it promoted discrimination against forward thinking but low skilled workers, of which a disproportionate number were African American during the 60s and 70s.

Therefore it's up to the government to subsidise individuals who are forward thinking and want to learn skills on the job. Minimum wage restricts that under the guise of setting minimum standards.

A graduated negative income tax is far more appropriate because it subsidises the individual without creating that barrier to employment.

Of course, it might be easier for us to pay for such a system if more of the profits of our banking system went into public trusts, but our government preferred to bail out the parasitic failed institutions that should have has their assets liquidised. But I digress. Roll on capitalism 2.0.

Archived